Nikon D5100 or Cannon D1200: confused again!

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
if you want to get for birding or zoos you can get nikon 55-300vr tamron 70-300 vc or a nikon 70-300 vr

if you want a cheaper till 200mm then you can get a nikon 55-200 vr

Thank you@nac.
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]:
there is a slight confusion on the Nikon 55-200 mm model: in amazon, the VR is printed in a different place than the one in ebay. Please guide as to which one is original?
thanks
*s27.postimg.org/4r2ggpk5f/lens.jpg

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ It's right there in the image itself. Ebay one is new, VR II version which is announced this year and the other one ie., version I announced 8yrs back. New one is lighter and smaller, about the performance you got to check the reviews.
I wonder why the focus ring has to be so small, in fact I doubted if it has one when I first saw it.

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

Thanks, i hope the VR II has the focus ring

- - - Updated - - -

plz comment on this
*m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=111708937013

sujoyp

Grand Master
from the image I can see even a thinner focus ring then before...the one with white ring...but why do you want one...it dosent have manual override...soo either u are in manual focus or autofocus

OP
panacea_amc

panacea_amc

from the image I can see even a thinner focus ring then before...the one with white ring...but why do you want one...it dosent have manual override...soo either u are in manual focus or autofocus

Thank you, it does have one.
*img.photographyblog.com/reviews/nikon_afs_dx_nikkor_55_200mm_f_4_56_g_ed_vr_ii/nikon_afs_dx_nikkor_55_200mm_f_4_56_g_ed_vr_ii_11.jpg

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
it dosent have manual override...
Do we have to look in the spec sheet to find whether the lens does have MF override or not? or we can find it just by the lens naming (as we can say whether the lens does have VR or not)? I guess it's not in the name...

sujoyp

Grand Master
no nothing in the name...its just that semi pro like Nikon 70-300 VR which cost around 30k have it but even 55-300 vr dont..so I guss 55-200 stand no chance here

nac

Aspiring Novelist
no nothing in the name...its just that semi pro like Nikon 70-300 VR which cost around 30k have it but even 55-300 vr dont..so I guss 55-200 stand no chance here
So got to look in the spec sheet... Thank you. :)

Top Bottom