Nikon D-SLR buying advice.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
but there u have only posted how to setup...
my doubt is whats the use?is it only limited to Macro?
& how it works (mechanism)..just placing those ET rings?

sujoyp

Grand Master
but there u have only posted how to setup...
my doubt is whats the use?is it only limited to Macro?
& how it works (mechanism)..just placing those ET rings?

yes it can be only used for macro...no other use

As we said earlier either u should have auto extension tubes like Kenko ET so that it can meter
or u should have aperture ring on the lens so that u can change the aperture with..cheap ET

just put that ET on the SLR and fit the lens on the ET...thats all nothing more

after getting ET just try to play with different lenses on that...u would automatically learn to use it...flash is absolutely necessary
without external flash u wont be able to use whole ET else it will put shadow on the pic...
u need to dissemble the ET and make a combo whichever fitts ur need...I just used the biggest part...

sujoyp

Grand Master
flash will be needed for dedicated macro lens also....

is the Nikon D3100 built in flash good:))

yaah I think for macro , good flash is very useful..

Yup D3100 have the standard flash from nikon and its good...no problem...but with new needs I want a external flash now..u can practice with default flash untill u know y u want an external flash:grin:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I got it for 29k 6 months back...right now I heard that some scheme is there with letsbuy.com website...

They r selling D3100+18-55+8 gb card+ tripod for 26500

Sounava

In the zone
congrats sounava...how do u find it...isnt it bit short for telephoto but its very good performer
Yes the lens is a bit short on the tele end, but that is not bothering me much. What is really bothering me is changing of lenses :mrgreen:

Btw, Zangetsu: Have you at all checked the links I gave? You are never going to learn photography by spoonfeeding.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@sounava...yaah changing lens is sometimes difficult in some situation and really frustating in other...like I was taking a spider macro and suddenly a butterfly came...and I ran back home and changed the lens and butterfly flew away...LOL

happened to me many times...but no solution yet...

The solution can be a 18-200mm VR and a 105mm macro lens...and u dont have to run to change a lens soo frequently :D

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Btw, Zangetsu: Have you at all checked the links I gave? You are never going to learn photography by spoonfeeding.
I have bookmarked them...whenever I get time I read them.

practical knowledge is more stronger than theoritical :grin:

Sounava

In the zone
Those who write the books or the topics on the webpages are according to their hands on experience too ;)

rattleshuv

Right off the assembly line
hi, i am totally a newbie in slrs so plz help me. i am totally into birding so i want to know will nikon d3100 will be good for it? nd is the kit lens gud for it or should i buy a new lens. if yes plz recommend one

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

hi, i am totally a newbie in slrs so plz help me. i am totally into birding so i want to know will nikon d3100 will be good for it? nd is the kit lens gud for it or should i buy a new lens. if yes plz recommend one

I wud suggest u to read this thread from start...

& Nikon D3100 is a good entylevel D-SLR & bundled kit-lens is also good
but its not a zoom lens.so u have to buy a zoom lens separate...

sujoyp

Grand Master

get my combination of lenses...Nikon D3100+18-55+55-200...u will be happy...it will cost 40K...

prakhar18

Broken In
Hey guys i need suggestions regarding Lens/Accessories with model no.s for Nikon D 5000. I have already got 18-55mm lens

Lens for - Landscapes, Portraits ,Macro Photography,telephoto zoom.

Need suggestions for each category for the above mentioned camera.

Top Bottom