***NFS: most wanted*** Next Game of NFS Series Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
*images.spong.com/news/w/o/wordexclus157213t.gifSPOnG can today exclusively blow the lid on Electronic Arts’ next Need for Speed game, detailing the company’s thinking on the leading franchise update for the first time.

The series will ditch the Underground moniker, with the new game carrying the title Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The information, leaked to us last week, states that the multi-platform offering will ship across the world in late 2005.

Most Wanted will be available for Xbox 2, Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC, PSP and “Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS.” A pleasant added value news snippet details a “…simultaneous ship, with the Xbox2 platform", which indicates a late 2005 release for Xbox2 too. Though whether the machine will go under the ‘Xbox2’ name is unclear. But the launch period, as dated by the world’s leading third-party publisher, can now be pencilled in.

The picture we get is of a game that is not really too different from the Underground duo, with one key difference: Most Wanted takes the series back to its roots, with police chases making up the body of the gameplay. We expect the game to feature a much greater emphasis on movie style police getaway missions, in levels specifically designed to emphasise this aspect of the game, with gameplay focussing on eluding police pursuit vehicles.

There is also a rap-sheet system, in which a player’s notoriety is upped by performing more dangerous manoeuvres in the view of following police.

Eight game modes are promised:

Multiple point races
Toll booth races
Speed trap photos
Outrun
Outrun best route
Circuit
Sprint
Knockout – Cost to state, pursuit milestones and headlines
Milestones
Four ‘distinct regions’ will be offered, along with real time weather and an evolving environment. There will be no racing during the night-time, with all the action taking place between sun up and sunset.

Online play will be included with what is described as a ‘similar feature set to NFSU2’ though this time, world-wide play will be included with no conflict between the North American and European versions.

Around 100 motors will be on offer. ‘Asian import (tuners), exotics, American muscle and Euro imports,” as detailed by EA.

Exclusive Source:Spong

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Wow ! EA sures does know how to milk a cash cow ...........they are following up with game sequels faster than gamers can finish the earliers ones !

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Now This Shows EA's Versatility.......The Nfs Ug Series Have Been a Huge Rave Since It Came Out.....but Whats This The Sequels Are Making Its Way Even Before The Its Predecessors Make a Success Mark :wink:

Man The Most Wanted Would Be a Definetly Be a Good Catch Considering Juiced By THQ Is Also Gonna Make its Way Into This Genre Later This Spring......But Nfs UG Has The edge For Now.....SO Kudos To EA 8)

G

gxsaurav

Hmm, i compleated NFS UG2 not too long ago

I never liked a racing game, the first car semulation I ever played was NFS UG1, reason, it was different from the cop chase I didn't like in NFS Hot persuit 2, now they are going back to it, they are not getting my vote this time, but only time will say what comes up, maybe I will like it

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I love cops i love the cops in nfs im gonna up my machine when this game comes out coz i wanna play it.

Sourabh

Laptoping
huh when wod it hit stores !!

i wanna play it now

hope it runs on my gamepad by default won't have to do some modding as in HP2

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Awesome Man,.....Just a suggestion Try out Burnout 3 too....awesome FX :twisted:

BTW, Anyone knows minimum requirements of NFS:Most Wanted......????

geek_rohit

In the zone
Another NFS already! The car modding concept in the Underground series was a great change. Loved to mod the car. Anyways the new game has returned the cops scene in the game. Wish that they give us some Ferraris this time. Were missed them in the Underground. BTW don't you think that EA is releasing the new versions too quickly!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
EA always releases a new NFS game every year....and the cops were 1 element missing frm underground...i mean if u r gonna raced on the sstreets, there have 2 b cops!!!! and cops add a totally new dimension 2 the game...now u gotta drive fast and make fewer mistakes else u get caught...bring it on EA!!!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Guys did any 1 of u play driv3r i saw it review only on 10 sports but since then didnt c the game nor any1 talking abt it was curious so I asked. Its a good game tho.

Sourabh

Laptoping
well when u saw it on GAmer Tv ion tensports

i have that vid, it was some gal in place of the awesome sean deanley speaking

dint u read the bottom caption before, PS2 RELEASE

i m not sure whether they are gonna release the PC version or not

mebbe wod have to check out later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom