Nexus 7 - Worth buying now?

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
No rear facing camera, will you call that awesome?

yeah, its no different than others. may be those features attract you and many others but not me. I want a WiFi + 3G version, cannot grasp what these manufacturers think when they don't include cellular data. Everything on these operating systems require an internet connection. Not everyone has a WiFi everytime. And I think its the only tablet without a rear camera on the market :-D

No offence but which idiot takes pictures using a tablet?
I would settle for a great tablet with no camera than underperformer with mediocre camera !

About about lack of wifi, one can always buy a Mifi for 4k which works out cheaper than a wifi +3G model and you won't have to depend on your mobile for wifi..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No offence but which idiot takes pictures using a tablet?
I would settle for a great tablet with no camera than underperformer with mediocre camera !

I'm not sure if I'm an idiot but will get a Tablet soon that has a good back camera for taking pictures.
Please stop labeling users as "idiots" just because they don't have the same requirements as you.
On a general everyday usage, both these tablets will be performing good. Sure the Nexus 7 outperforms the Galaxy Tab 2 in games but without a camera on the back it will put of many buyers (me included)

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
^I just got into defense mode coz that guy just made comments on one of the best 7 inch tablet ever made..
Sorry if anybody misinterpreted my comment as something unintended..
All I wanted to say I would rather a better performing tablet (with no camera) and buy a basic camera from the excess budget if I really needed one..

ulysses

Broken In
Iam considering Asus nexus 7 -32 GB from Ebay using "weekend013" coupon.
Listed price Rs19999. . After Discount using 7.5 % coupon comes to approximate rs 18500.
Google Play store is quoting Rs 16000 fore 8 GB (not sure vat or other taxes they will add)
what you guys think?:|

paylessindia | eBay

EBAY PROMOTION OF NEXUS 7.jpg

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
^You can always add storage space (through pendrives and external hard disks) if you want through an OTG cable.. Only if you need 32GB of on-device storage go ahead with ebay else Google Play <--(Recommended)..

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
^Import ie., through a forwarding service like isopinternational I believe..
Ask forum member theserpent he will know coz he has one..

papul1993

not a newbie.....

So buying from playstore US and shipping it via shopandship will be cheaper than buying in the eBay? Also, will I need a US credit card for this?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
his uncle bought the tablet with him. I don't think he will be able to comment on international shipping.
So buying from playstore US and shipping it via shopandship will be cheaper than buying in the eBay? Also, will I need a US credit card for this?
Well Google released it in the Play Store for Indian users to for Rs.15999 inclusive of TAX. why not buy it from there?
*play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_16_GB?id=nexus_7_16gb&hl=en

papul1993

not a newbie.....
his uncle bought the tablet with him. I don't think he will be able to comment on international shipping.

Well Google released it in the Play Store for Indian users to for Rs.15999 inclusive of TAX. why not buy it from there?
*play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_16_GB?id=nexus_7_16gb&hl=en

Dude, did you even tried to read my other posts? I am taking about the Nexus 10.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Dude, did you even tried to read my other posts? I am taking about the Nexus 10.

Sorry I misread :(
Anyways papul read this - Importing Nexus 4 (16GB) - Process and Cost | TechEnclave - Indian Technology Forum

Same process should work for Nexus 10 as well.

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
So, shuld i buy nexus 7, what is the final verdict?

If you are in a hurry and can't wait - get the N7, you won't repent it (Great GPU, CPU, KLP update for sure)..

I recommend you wait till the Google I/O event (May 15) to see what's in store.. (Key Lime Pie and N7 2 rumoured)

Top Bottom