Nexus 7 - Worth buying now?

quagmire

Allllright !
Nexus 7 is selling for 11.8k at homeshop18 .. Killer deal but right now Out of Stock..

With Nexus 7.7 (rumoured specs- Tegra 4, 1080p screen, 299$) due May I am unable to decide..
There are also rumours that Google is planning to retail Nexus devices via Play Store soon
(With more and more countries getting access to Nexus devices through Google Play there appears to be some hope)

I need some advice -
1.Software wont be an issue, but will the hardware of the N7 get outdated by the end of the year?
2.Tegra 4 performance looks really promising, but will it be a large value addition over Tegra 3? Is it worth the wait?

pratyush997

Inactive
Nexus 7 spent quite a long time in markets (not in India) and as tegra 4 is out, we can expect some tegra 4 goodies :p
So waiting for so called nexus 7.7 is better and don't expect it to get launched in India!

guru_urug

iGoogle
Nexus 7 is selling for 11.8k at homeshop18 .. Killer deal but right now Out of Stock..

With Nexus 7.7 (rumoured specs- Tegra 4, 1080p screen, 299$) due May I am unable to decide..
There are also rumours that Google is planning to retail Nexus devices via Play Store soon
(With more and more countries getting access to Nexus devices through Google Play there appears to be some hope)

I need some advice -
1.Software wont be an issue, but will the hardware of the N7 get outdated by the end of the year?
2.Tegra 4 performance looks really promising, but will it be a large value addition over Tegra 3? Is it worth the wait?

Hi quagmire,
It all comes down to what price you can get the Nexus 7. I own one, I got it via a friend from the US. I paid ($200+Taxes+accessories) which is a little more than 12k. I have to say the tab is like the best purchase of my life!! I have used it every single day since the day I got it last december. So convenient to browse,play tegra enhanced games and check mail while lying down on the bed. My dad was totally against me getting it(he doesnt believe in spending on gadgets) but today he keeps asking it from me to play games!! The performance of the tab is so superb! Ive never owned a powerful android device before and the difference that the awesome specs+vanilla android made was day and night. Most other tabs in the range are not as well spec'd and are loaded with heavy customized UI. If you can get it for 11k then you should get it.

May is still 2 months away and the Nexus 7.7 wont be on sale immediately, maybe by June. And who knows when it will come to India(if it ever does). And what the pricing will be. The specs are not yet revealed.

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
IMO you should wait.
That was my plan since N7 costed atleast 20k in ebay..

the new nexus 7, wont get released here...
How can you be so sure? Check this..

It is out of stock on HS18.
Yeah..I have mentioned it above.. Forum member Ayuclack has bought it from superdeal recently..

Hi quagmire,
It all comes down to what price you can get the Nexus 7. I own one, I got it via a friend from the US. I paid ($200+Taxes+accessories) which is a little more than 12k. I have to say the tab is like the best purchase of my life!! I have used it every single day since the day I got it last december. So convenient to browse,play tegra enhanced games and check mail while lying down on the bed. My dad was totally against me getting it(he doesnt believe in spending on gadgets) but today he keeps asking it from me to play games!! The performance of the tab is so superb! Ive never owned a powerful android device before and the difference that the awesome specs+vanilla android made was day and night. Most other tabs in the range are not as well spec'd and are loaded with heavy customized UI. If you can get it for 11k then you should get it.

May is still 2 months away and the Nexus 7.7 wont be on sale immediately, maybe by June. And who knows when it will come to India(if it ever does). And what the pricing will be. The specs are not yet revealed.
Happy to know your great experience with N7.. I have used N7 for a brief period and was totally impressed by the the performance..
I will consider buying it if I get it in the superdeal.. Thanks for the thumbs up..
Can you comment on the screen vibrancy and color depth?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
@quagmire, even if it does it will be more than that quoted amount... Add taxes + shipping and you land a whooping 5k over the american retail price

tkin

Back to school!!
If you can get the 32GB version its good, or at least the 16GB version, the version sold in HS18, I take it that its the 8GB version? If so skip it.

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
^Its a 16GB version and out of stock for almost 3 weeks now..
Deal is certainly good, but is it advisable to wait for Nexus 7.7?

pratyush997

Inactive
^Its a 16GB version and out of stock for almost 3 weeks now..
Deal is certainly good, but is it advisable to wait for Nexus 7.7?
IMO Yeah!
Acc to loads of rumors, Nexus 7.7 or Nexus 7 2 will have qualcomm 600 chip on board!
I would have waitied :)

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
Now that Nexus 7 is officially released we can expect more devices in India..
Should I wait or grab this piece of awesome tablet rightaway?

yeah, its no different than others. may be those features attract you and many others but not me. I want a WiFi + 3G version, cannot grasp what these manufacturers think when they don't include cellular data. Everything on these operating systems require an internet connection. Not everyone has a WiFi everytime. And I think its the only tablet without a rear camera on the market :-D

pratyush997

Inactive
yeah, its no different than others. may be those features attract you and many others but not me. I want a WiFi + 3G version, cannot grasp what these manufacturers think when they don't include cellular data. Everything on these operating systems require an internet connection. Not everyone has a WiFi everytime. And I think its the only tablet without a rear camera on the market :-D
Galaxy Tab 2 is better for you then

Top Bottom