Nexus 7 (2012) Tablet charging problem

sahil1033

In the zone
I bought Nexus 7 (2012) 16 GB in December 2013 and everything was working fine until I noticed that charging is taking too long. Infact, I started playing game on it while charging and noticed that battery dropped down by 1%. I'm clueless what has happened to the tablet. Help please.

roshanpatel

Right off the assembly line
dude u are using a 3900 mAh battery it takes more than 4 hours just to get charged so better let the thing get some juice and give it some rest while charging.. I Dont think there is any big problem to be concerned.!!

$hadow

Geek in making
Specify the time taken for a full recharge and also post a screen shot of your battery.

satinder

DELHIITE
Note Charging times:
1. Switch Off the Tab and charge (It will charge fast).
2. Keep it on and try to charge (It will take more time).
3.Play Video Game and charge (It may charge but may not stay upto the level, you are expecting).

If all other things are OK, show us your experiment results.

$hadow

Geek in making
Note Charging times:
1. Switch Off the Tab and charge (It will charge fast).
2. Keep it on and try to charge (It will take more time).
3.Play Video Game and charge (It may charge but may not stay upto the level, you are expecting).

If all other things are OK, show us your experiment results.

man I am asking you approx time in each scenerio

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Specify the time taken for a full recharge and also post a screen shot of your battery.
After this incident, I didn't full charge my tab because it would take too long to charge. If I put it on charge overnight (say, 8-10 hours), it would charge only 51% - 52%

satinder

DELHIITE
You have to experiment as asked by me is earlier post.
Or
try to get another similar charger if possible.

It may take sometime,
but you should do it or
goto nearest Service Center.

$hadow

Geek in making
After this incident, I didn't full charge my tab because it would take too long to charge. If I put it on charge overnight (say, 8-10 hours), it would charge only 51% - 52%

Just take it to the service center there is definitively something wrong with your tab.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Well i had a similar problem.. where battery indicator was not working fine. At one moment it show 40% and in few mins it comes down to 15% only.
2nd problem was as you said charging takes hell lot of time.

I contacted MOTO care.. they asked me to hard reset. Charge once with tablet switched off.
And it helped. You should give a try. just take back up of all content before doing this,, :)

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Well i had a similar problem.. where battery indicator was not working fine. At one moment it show 40% and in few mins it comes down to 15% only.
2nd problem was as you said charging takes hell lot of time.

I contacted MOTO care.. they asked me to hard reset. Charge once with tablet switched off.
And it helped. You should give a try. just take back up of all content before doing this,, :)
Ok, will give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to experiment as asked by me is earlier post.
Or
try to get another similar charger if possible.

It may take sometime,
but you should do it or
goto nearest Service Center.
There's no problem with the charger, it's working fine.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened yesterday was shocking. After charging it for about 10-12 hours, it just didn't charge. I left it at 15% and when I plugged it out, it was at 15% only.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
me too have the same problem and i have posted this before here .. what kind of tablet is nexus 7 when you have to experiment a basic process like charging :-D ....not satisfied at all by over hyped "Nexus" brand

$hadow

Geek in making
me too have the same problem and i have posted this before here .. what kind of tablet is nexus 7 when you have to experiment a basic process like charging :-D ....not satisfied at all by over hyped "Nexus" brand

To be frank I am yet to encounter any basic or advance problem what so ever either with my N5 or N7

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
There was some problem with the micro USB port. It was damaged and that was causing this problem. Had it repaired at service centre.

Top Bottom