Nexus(2012) 7 not turning on upon first time

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Received Nexus 7 2012 from flipkart today. Its on power since almost 3 hours but still not turning on when pressing power button. Not even battery is displayed which indicates device is charging. Very dim lines appear when power button is pressed which break and disappear within a second. Device looks on when tilted but nothing is displayed. I dont know whether its charging. Talked to flipkart customer care and was told to charge the device for some 4-7 hours. Have you guys been through this?

ankush28

Bazinga
WTF !!! I think flipkart is selling some defective N7s at cheap price...
Just check latest reviews on fk :facepalm:

$hadow

Geek in making
What the heck. Something similar happened to my friend has tab and fk did provide replacement for the tab in the next 5 days after about 10calls and more than 50 emails. Now that guy is so scared with online shopping that now he has hardly bought anything online.
Coming back to the point you should charge for another few more hours and then try to restart. If it didn't start then start calling fk.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
its indeed defective, have kept in on power all night still not turning on. Called up fk n requested replacement ...waiting for a technical support call now then only request will b confirmed and product to be delivered in another 3days. Fingers crossed since I ordered this in lucknow and will leave here on saturday to akbarpur where fk doesnt have delivery :-(

$hadow

Geek in making
4 days is the min they are gonna take for that delivery thing once they confirm the return

sujoyp

Grand Master
I got a defective iball tab like this and could not charge even after putting it on 24 hr charge....I gave it to service center and they replaced the motherboard...now working

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Damn.. I got a good piece from FK on the first try! :p
I think their maybe some defective pieces in the lot. I am glad that the shipping of replacement product have already started.

As for the time it takes to boot if the tab is completely discharged, as per my experience it doesn't take "hours". Maybe even less than an hour. But yes, a battery indicator does show up, when you try to boot and if it doesn't have enough juice to start.

I hope your Nexus 7 reaches you in good condition this time! :D

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Try holding the POWER button for a really long time (>60 seconds) after charging the device. Even my Nexus 7 has a problem and I need to hold the power button for a really long time sometimes to boot-up.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try holding the POWER button for a really long time (>60 seconds) after charging the device. Even my Nexus 7 has a problem and I need to hold the power button for a really long time sometimes to boot-up.

You only need to press power button for a long time, if you are trying to boot when its on charging. Else, it boots just fine with a shorter press.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Received today, product is working fine. Got 4.3 update notification instantly upon connecting to the internet. Display looks great. Will review more in the coming days.... gotta play some games :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Received today, product is working fine. Got 4.3 update notification instantly upon connecting to the internet. Display looks great. Will review more in the coming days.... gotta play some games :)

Congrats. And you should get an update notification for 4.4, kitkat now. :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You kitkat has made the tablet even smoother and may be 4.4.1 is on the way as well.

Yes. 4.4.1 is on the way. Although it has just some camera enhancements.
Kitkat is also just a lot of minor enhancements under the hood of JB. So a 0.0.1 is nothing to wait impatiently for. :p

$hadow

Geek in making
Yes. 4.4.1 is on the way. Although it has just some camera enhancements.
Kitkat is also just a lot of minor enhancements under the hood of JB. So a 0.0.1 is nothing to wait impatiently for. :p

for improvements nothing but for show off it is cool. Mine is running 4.4.1 while other are still stuck on 4.2.:-D

Top Bottom