Next Windows OS-Windows Vista: Updates and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas

In the zone
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Beta 1 Available to MSDN Subscribers
MSDN subscribers now have access to Windows Vistaâ„¢. Download Beta 1 and start testing your applications today!

Any subscribers here ?... Try now. available in 4 versions. All are DVD versions.

Windows Longhorn Beta 1 (Windows Vista)
Windows Longhorn Professional Edition Beta 1 - checked/debug (English) - 2.49 GB
Windows Longhorn Professional Edition Beta 1 (English) - 2.42 GB
Windows Longhorn Professional Edition Beta 1 Windows Developers Kit (English) - 361.59 MB
Windows Longhorn Professional x64 Edition Beta 1 - checked/debug (English) - 1.84 GB
Windows Longhorn Professional x64 Edition Beta 1 (English) - 1.73 GB

am downloading now...oh my..I just realized I donn have a DVD...ne ways will try later.

Description:
Windows Vista (formerly code-named Windows "Longhorn") is a substantial advance in Windows, with significant innovations in the developer platform. Windows Vista makes it easier than ever before to build applications that are more secure, reliable, and manageable. Windows Vista also enables developers and designers to create user-experience breakthroughs that improve usability and enable greater relevance to the work users do. Finally, Windows Vista makes it easy to connect to information, systems, people, and devices though a number of innovative integration technologies.

Link: *msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/

Kannan

In the zone
rajas, is it possible to become an MSDN subscriber without doing any Microsoft Certifications ? What are the prices ?

Which certification have you done ?

Barbie, nice website. I think you can add the happenings such as bugs posted in the net regarding Vista Beta and more things can be added.

rajas

In the zone
It is very much possible. U need to be certified to have MSDN. I have got MSDN- US Subscription. Not sure on Indian subscription.
Just pay the money and you are a subscriber. They register it onto your name. I'm not sure of the Indian Prices.

chk these: MSDN and TechNet

OP
G

gxsaurav

It's windows vista & no way it's going to cost more then $300 or $200 at launchtime

winsuper site has released a nice preview of windows vista loaded with a lot of screenshots, & critics do take a look

source : Winsupersite.com

sms_solver

In the zone
I have found this in other forum
VISTA could means:

V = Virus
I = Infections
S = Spyware
T = Trojans
A = Adware

So beware and don't go for new window.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
sms_solver said:
I have found this in other forum
VISTA could means:

V = Virus
I = Infections
S = Spyware
T = Trojans
A = Adware

So beware and don't go for new window.

Are yaar let them publish their new version first then put this kind of bogus comment.I just hav a question for u...can u live without windows?
99.99% the answer will be no
So the bottomline is stop screaming

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Right sidewinder (microsoft ?)

I dont think it will easily get infections too soon.

But anyway, U cant tell about coders can u?

Ask me , then.

OP
G

gxsaurav

Winsupersite.com is providing a lot of screenshots of Vista, & I mean a lot

Computer

Control Panel

The new Search

Pictures & Videos

Music

I don't exectly like Windows Vista Explorer layout, kinda hard to getting used to when I m already used to XP

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Thnx for those links buddies , i m waitin and desperate for vista
(Virtually Impossible Security and Totally Authnetic)
Blah blah, i know that means nothin'.
Srry, thats my current best.

rajas

In the zone
Good news to TechNet Plus! Subscribers.

*www.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/images/banners/TechNetB_masthead_ltr.gif

Get Windows Vista Beta 1 with TechNet Plus! Try out the latest desktop operating system from Microsoft. Windows Vista Beta 1 is shipping to TechNet Plus subscribers in September.

OP
G

gxsaurav

This just in

Microsoft is kicking all the users of Intel 915G & 945G integrated Intel GMA 900 users in the back, really hard, according to them, U better not use integrated gfx with Vista

Source : Neowin.net

U need a real graphics card, something like atleast FX 5700 or Radeon 9600 non pro, at the minimum, with 128 MB memory

although, the final requirments are not yet released by MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom