Newly assembled rig giving probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
The person says if after the things he has told me are unable to solve the problem then I can return the ram.
Please suggest good qulaity 1gb ddr 400 ram in dual channel for abt 6k.
Should i take kingston with infineon/hynix chips?

premrajeev

Journeyman
lots of confusion @ akshay ::

go for kingston : they will have lifetime warrenty + reliability.

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
i might go for orignal hynix d43 which may be better than kingston

also,corsair has lifetime warranty(one yr after discontinued by company type nah)

D

dinesh_singh

corsair xms will cost you rs 8500
kingston rs 6000

better is corsair but kingston is best at the price

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
kingston is not best atthe price
i got corsair value select for 5824

also,you might get hynix d43 sub 6k atleast read somewhere

also where on earth do you get corsair xms for 8500

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
Hynix D43 shud b the best of them all.Coz this is the chip that they use in the Kingston HyperX Ram (a premium product!) Price:5.8k

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz i want to know who is the distributor for original hynix d43 chips in india ? and like does hynix have its own ram with its own chipset or something ? somebody plz post pics of hynix d 43 sticks and more info about them. i

harshagarwal

Journeyman
akshayt @
as you said that your monitor shiuld green corner try removing any product able to emit magnetic radiation nearby the computer.
that might also happen if your RAM module is faulty.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey people , i have downloaded memtest86, i have made a bootable cd from the iso files but have some questions.

i am using 2*256 pc3200 modules , should i check them individually by running the test on one ram module at a time or shud i just run the test with both the modules ?

also which test should i run out of all the 9 tests in the program and for how long should i run the test ?

premrajeev

Journeyman
hey how can we assure that we are buying original RAMsticks in the case of Hynix...there seems to be a lot of local brands which are using their chips..if we go nd search for hynix from a local vendor , he is definitely going to give us a dupeed one..PLS help...Also, are u sure that this original hynix rams can outperform Kingston / Crossair ???

Status
Not open for further replies.