New Ups or new Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NauticA

Broken In
friends i have a UPS which doesnt provide any backup..
when the light goes off the system directly shuts down.. means there's no use of UPS..

i want to ask you if i shud get a new UPS or just change its battery..?

OP
N

NauticA

Broken In
which brand of UPS to go for??
any particular model..
also if just i need to change the battery which battery to go for..?

y2j826

Journeyman
if everything else is working fine the go for only battery and go for EXIDE, I have 3 UPS's and in all I am using only EXIDE battery and its working fine for me . . .

k6153r

Broken In
I've an APC UPS, it's soooo bad that I've got 5 replacements within the warranty period.

It's a failure model.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I had a Microtek 650VA single Battery UPS and encountered the same problem. I changed it to a double battery 1KVA UPS and the problem was solved. Root cause of the problem was defunct circuitry. As my 650VA was in warranty so I had to spend just a few hundreds bucks for replacement -cum-upgrade. :p

OP
N

NauticA

Broken In
did some research in the market and found these facts..
1. proview 700 VA rs 1800
2. Sukam 600 VA rs 1800
3. Microtek 600 VA rs 1900

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
AT my Uncles company they have an APC Online one which they got for Second Hand . Although the price is a bit high the UPS does give them at least 1 Hour of support on their system.

As far as the above UPS are concerned the maximum time you might get is 10 minutes and thats after being optimistic. My system with a 600 VA Ups gives me probably 3 minutes max. I've so far had a good experience with APC and V-Guard .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom