New site feedback thread - June 2014 - 13th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Lost in speed
'TDF v6.5' theme was supposed to show TDF without Ads. But i get one on the bottom of the forum.. :-o
Anyone see the same?

kaz

right here
I don't use any....Because I think its not fair to block the source of income of sites whose content I enjoy...I'm not that selfish :)

I don't use any....Because I think its not fair to block the source of income of sites whose content I enjoy...I'm not that selfish :)

You can stop AdBlock on those websites. Moreover I don't think advertisers pay for just displaying the adds, they are paid on per click basis.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I just don't notice any ads, I mean they are there but unless its something with a sound or popping in the middle I don't even notice them.

It's not just clicks and loads alone, but theoretically an "impression" makes you eligible for pay. I'd recommend you guys to use Ghostery + disconnect.me combo rather than adblock (though you may need it for video ads in YT). Ghostery lists out the beacons and trackers found on sites neatly and disconnect.me is really powerful in visualizing and categorizing stuff. Since I browse from office, I have to go the extreme ends to block out tracking and hence the combo. From a personal experience, Adblock is also a hog for startup time.

p.s. Adblock, Adblock plus (tomato tomato)

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi There,
I've encountered a problem after the site has been upgraded to 'digit.in' .
My earlier User ID was 'Reddick' which is now not been accepted by 'new' site after couple of attempts. Then I applied for 'Forget Password' and it says that instructions has been mailed to you. But I didn't received any mail from Digit at my registered email. I even write twice to 'Contact Us' link at digit.in but didn't received any reply yet.
In the end I have to create this new ID to write my problem here :(
Please Mods help me to discover my original ID
Thanks for your patience.

Flash

Lost in speed
Hi There,
My earlier User ID was 'Reddick' which is now not been accepted by 'new' site after couple of attempts. Then I applied for 'Forget Password' and it says that instructions has been mailed to you. But I didn't received any mail from Digit at my registered email. I even write twice to 'Contact Us' link at digit.in but didn't received any reply yet.
Check this comment.
*www.digit.in/forum/feedback/184284...june-2014-13th-anniversary-8.html#post2125849
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] maybe help you!

reddick

Mobile Freak
[MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION] The link provided by you is the same thread in which currently I'm replying here ...
For the second one , I'm waiting here for someone to help with :neutral:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi There,
I'm PMing you your e-mail ID. Just to verify if it's the same one you're checking the recovery mail in.

Anything specific? Some people like the simplicity.

It'd no about making it sophisticated. Look at the icons for example. They are same in dark theme as well as in other themes. They look very bright for the dark theme. Subforum divs are also too bright and so are the font colors. IN there is this sea green border in all pages other than home page. It actually looks good but should also be included in home page. Simply put, the dark theme isn't dark enough :p

Anyways, I'm creating a Greasemonkey shared script to improve this theme. The home page is 70% done and the rest of the site will be completed by the end of this month (too busy in summer training projects).

Here is the link to a partially modified home page which I posted in "2014 - New TDF Suggestions" thread- *www.dropbox.com/s/a7qo7v4o2p3v3oc/Digit.rar

Also, why are there multiple threads for acquiring feedback? We already have the "2014 - New TDF Suggestions" and then we have this thread. Doesn't this make it more confusing as both issues and suggestions are being discussed on both these thread equally? That other thread itself can serve the purpose IMO.

reddick

Mobile Freak
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]
Thanks a lot for your appreciation :)
And I've replied to ur PM , Please send me the recovery link at that email add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom