New rig under 20k in aug10

dare_devil

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:web surfing, movies in hd and games, at least capable of playing latest games on playable frames, do not high end performance in games
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:20k for cabinet, processor, motherboard, ram, psu and gpu only. ready to increase if getting much higher performance just for few more bucks
4. Planning to overclock?
A: may be
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:windows 7 64 bit and open source linux
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:no hard disk required
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: full hd
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:second half of august
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:yes
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:hard disk, optical drives etc
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:gurgaon and o to other cities other than delhi
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: nothing

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9Ghz @ 5k or get the X4 630 @ 4.8k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA-785GMT-US2H @ 4.5k or Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4k
Ram: Corsair 2Gb DDR3-1333Mhz Value @ 2.5k
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5670 512Mb @ 5.3k
PSU: FSP Saga II 400W @ 2k or Gigbayte 460W. whichever you find cheap.
Cabinet: CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k

Total: 20.1k. but i'll suggest get the HD5770 if you want Full HD gaming. also try include 4Gb ram.

OP
dare_devil

dare_devil

Broken In
How much more buks i have to spend to get phanom based rig and will that be worth? Is this rig future proof?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
perfect one for his budget sam..

yes. somehow fit into his budget but it isn't suitable for Full HD gaming.

How much more buks i have to spend to get phanom based rig and will that be worth? Is this rig future proof?

Phenom II won't increase performance. to get more performance, you need more ram & a little faster graphics card. like HD5770 based one. from MSI/Biostar/Sapphire. also 4Gb ram is a must for HD gaming.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

and about futureproof, i think if you do causal gaming or not indulge yourself in hardcore gaming, 3-4yrs. but will need change the graphics card over time if some newer tech like DX11.1 or DX12 comes out & dominates the gaming industry. other than that, the Athlon II X4s enough fast.

Top Bottom