New RAM needed!!

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Hii..

SO few days ago i had a PC crashing with BSOD problem. I Wrote in the forum, tried a couple of stuff on my own and the issue was resolved. I had two RAM sticks, one of chich went bad. So i have only 1 x 2GB stick in my PC and the processing has been obviously slower which i don't like. So Can you guys suggest me a compatible RAM?? The specs of my RAM are in the screenshot below:

Untitled.png

I stay in Kolkata, so if anybody from around here is able to suggest good dealers, it would save a lot of time and hassle.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Your Ram is a DDR2 800 MHz Ram. Currently the price of it is around 1.5K for 2GB Module. For brands, look for Corsair, Transcend etc.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Thanks for the suggestion guys....BTW Cilus...what did you check in the attachment to find out that it is a 800MHz RAM...i can only see the DRAM frequency as 400 MHz???

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, that's why I found out. Your Ram is the common DDR2 400 MHz Ram available. So most of the DDR2 Rams available with 800 MHz speed will match. It is not like that you have to use two exact models of Ram, you can use different brands provided their speed and Timing match. Same model is recommended as it eliminates these issues completely. However, if Rams from different brands have same timing and latency, they'll work fine in stock speed.

Your Module is CL6 800 MHz Ram which is the common settings for most of the standard Rams available in market. So get one of them. Before making the purchase, just check the timings (6-6-6-18) which will be written over the Ram box.

Top Bottom