-----ATi-----
I need a new processor and a motherboard for 20k
My choice is -
AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ processor

MSI K9N SLI Platinum motheboard
Pls tell me if this config is good....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
If you can spend 20k..than I will suggest you to go for intel C2D.Intel C2D performance is better than AMD X2.And with motherboard go for intel original 975.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
with a budget of 20k,
all i can think of is E6600 @ 10k and P35 based mobo.No idea how much they cost :)

apacheman

Journeyman
20k jus for a proccy n mobo is a bit high nowadays, but if u r hell bent upon spending dat much, den i'dd suggest the Intel C2D 6600, with a NVidia 680i.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
A 6000+ performs better than E6600 and outperforms E6700 in some benchmarks. But the price point of 6000+ is much better than the E6700.

With a gud mobo, u can get the maximum out of it. If u have lil[3~4k] more to spend, get the E6700 orelse go for 6000+.

Phalanx

Broken In
Go for Core 2 Duo... Its way better than anything from AMD... E6600 is an excellent processor which you can get for 10K... The beauty of these processors is that you can easily overclock them to much higher speeds ( and thus performance) with stock cooling... Even without overclocking the performance of this processor is at par if not better than 6000+....

For a mobo u can go for the latest P35 based boards; since they support penryn ( which have not yet been released in the market and offer even grater performance than the present proccys) you only have to change your proccy in your next upgrade.... Am not sure of the prices though....

Else, u can go for the MSI P6N Sli Platinum Motherboard.... Check out the MSI website for its features... U might get penryn support on it too, but dont count on it...There is no official confirmation for the same...U can get one for around 11K... U can also check out the 'non-Platinum' version of it.... It retails for less than 10K...

So an E6600 + P6N Sli will cost you less than 20K....And thats a killer combo...:)

Hope this helps...

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
amd 6000+ is better than e6600 but not as good as e6700.... so i taught tht this was the best i can choose....

gannu_rox

In the zone
Buyin c2d's now is kinda weird wen they're gona release d 1333Mhz proccys and lower d rates...

Wait fer d month end... Prices goin down n get a E6550..

Add a XFX 680iLT mobo fer 10k...

Everythin in ur budget..

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
aravind_n20 said:
A 6000+ performs better than E6600 and outperforms E6700 in some benchmarks. But the price point of 6000+ is much better than the E6700..

Rofl :lol: I think u are dreaming :p Btw get E6750 @ 9-10k after 16 July + P35 board :)

nvidia8800 said:
amd 6000+ is better than e6600 but not as good as e6700.... so i taught tht this was the best i can choose....
Again a big rofl :lol: WHy u all are giving wrong suggestion if u do not what exactly the truth is :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom