New PMP + IEM | Budget : 8k

Neo

Hi. I am looking to to buy an IEM + a PMP under 8k (although, lower is better, so give me some options).
I am a little confused between PMP and phone. If I can get a phone which does not bottleneck the IEM and does not reduce/affect the music quality, I'll prefer that over a PMP since I'm not really good at taking care of many devices.
Also, I don't need any any video capabilities in the PMP, but a display is a must.
Minimum 32GB space is required. In case I buy mobile, then I can get a microsdhc card for 1.5k.

Devices in consideration :
IEM:
SoundMagic E30 - 2.4k
Brainwavz M1 - $30 from mp4nation
Brainwavz M2 - $60 from mp4nation
Brainwavz R1 - $45 from mp4nation
Astrotec AM-90 - $43 from mp4nation
Vsonic GR02
Klipsch Image S4A
Klipsch x10
MEElectronics SP51
*www.audiofly.com/headphones.html
*velodyne.com/headphones/vpulse-earphones.html
and all those confusing foreign brands..

PMP:
Clip+ (concerned about audio quality ) - 2.9k from ebay
Clip ZIP - price?

Mobile:
No Idea.

I'm not much of an audiophile but I like listening to good music.

Last edited:
OP
Neo

Neo

Found *www.nationiteplayers.com/nanitePresentation.htm

They say it has the MAX9722 headphone amplifier chip, which helps to drive even the most demanding of headphones, but without sacrificing audio quality. It also has BBE.
So looks good overall except for brand name
- 2.9k from proaudiohome

Sarath

iDota
I own the X10 and M2 (along with M1, Senn CX180). I like the M2 the most among all of them. I sometimes feel, I am inadequately equipped to totally ultilise and appreciate the X10 and hence my preference for the M2 but I stand by my choice. The main reason could be that the M2 is bassier and doesn't induce headaches like the CX180 does or sound bloated.

If you do not own one, I strongly suggest going for the M2. I snapped one for 3k a year ago.

OP
Neo

Neo

X10 is not available anywhere except for Amazon anyway. and amazon does not ship to my place so..

M2 does not come with biflangs or triple flangs.
what about these ear tips which come with them - foam, biflangs, triflangs, silicon etc. Do they make a difference or are just for comfort and fitting?

So should I simply order M2 or do I have any more better choices?

Top Bottom