New Phone Suggestion

Dino

Broken In
I am planning to buy a phone, have shortlisted Nokia 620 and Galaxy Grand. ADVICE NEEDED!!

pratyush997

Inactive
Request MODs to change thread title and FYI Lumia 620 will be of 15-16k whereas Grand costs 20k !! 5k Difference
Fill up this

OP
D

Dino

Broken In
5k investment in grand not big a problem, but i was reading the reviews of 610 and 710 (or 510), i found them problems that i dont want in my phone, thats why gave it a second thought and then i realised i need HELP!!

Hrishi

Screen size ??? OS preference ?? Battery ?? Etc ?? Let us know a few details so that we know what could be best suited for you .

OP
D

Dino

Broken In
its not like i want android only, or i want a big 5 inch screen experience. its just that im planning to buy the phone at such a time when a proper review wouldnt be available for the 620, and the grand seems a fair bet considering its extra worth of 5k phone.
620 has got a 1300mah battery whereas the grand 2000mah, the grand will go long then after a single charge (..does it?) this is the type of things im basing my decisions on.
actually im confused to the core of confusion, so once again HELP!

Hrishi

Buy L9 , its an overall good choice. Only place it fails a little behind would the Camera Quality compared to other 5Mpixl shooters.

Is it that you want to choose only between these two ?? If yes then go for Grand . Its not that bad , if you can manage with the Pixel density and the bulky size. [ Grand's screen will lack crispiness/sharpness because of low pixel density. Its not that bad , but most people can't live with it.
Though , there's not much information about the BroadComm SoC in detail.

PS : Next time choose an appropriate thread title that. :p

suhailkhan

Broken In
Please be a bit more specific about your basic requirements. LG L9 is best VFM if cam is not your necessity. If you want big screen and/or dual sim, grand it is. What's your max budget?

OP
D

Dino

Broken In
actually i was aiming for the a116 canvas HD, but after a slew of negative vibes i decided against it. im still using my nokia 5320, which to me was the last of the proper nokia phones, thats why when i heard the 620 coming out i got interested, then a friend asked me to read the reviews on flipkart and then i got scared again, and then another friend recommended grand, and that is when i thot of getting help..!
I still havent figured if at all i "need" a 5 inch phone thats worth sooo much, plus this would be the last phone (fingers crossed) that my dad has to pay for, still confused guys, a lil more help..

Vignesh B

Youngling
+1 to LG L9.
But if you're inclined to the options you provided, ideally then go to a showroom, check out grand, if you feel you're comfortable using it, then go for it.

Don't go with flipkart reviews. They seem like jokes to me!:p

OP
D

Dino

Broken In
Nokia Lumia 610 - Nokia: Flipkart.com
see if im buying the 620 im in turn making windows8 a part of my day-to-day life, the problems mentioned there^^^^ are problems i dont want to face.
another problem i noticed with my dad's samsung corby2 was that doh it had a 3.5 jack whenever i used to plug in my Ultimate ears earphone it said not supported, i really dont want to face this problem as music on the go is a huge factor for me.

OP
D

Dino

Broken In
tell me about the 3.5mm jack problem, i wont have to face a problem like this naa?
620 has a battery time of 9 hours on 2G, with 3G becoming cheap and affordable i dont think the time would be enough on a single charge..
is grand available in chandni shops or do i have to go to a authorized samsung shop?

Vignesh B

Youngling
Nokia Lumia 610 - Nokia: Flipkart.com
see if im buying the 620 im in turn making windows8 a part of my day-to-day life, the problems mentioned there^^^^ are problems i dont want to face.
I can argue against each and every point over there. But that would be wasting my time.

tell me about the 3.5mm jack problem, i wont have to face a problem like this naa?
620 has a battery time of 9 hours on 2G, with 3G becoming cheap and affordable i dont think the time would be enough on a single charge..
My friend has got a Lumia 710 and he uses Soundmagic E30 with it without any problems.

As I can see you don't want to go with LG, your next best bet is Grand(if you are ok with its size).

OP
D

Dino

Broken In
actually i was talking about my dad's samsung corby2 that says whenever i insert any other earphone to it "earphone not supported"..
im almost 80% have decided it in the favour of the grand, consider the 620s disadvantages.
im thinking of paying the extra premium just to have a tiny peace of mind :p

Top Bottom