New PC slows down while playing games...SOS

Kungyal

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I recently assembled a PC..the specifications are as follows..
i5 2400 processor,
2 tb wd hard disk
8 gb ram
gigabyte ga-H61M-DS2 motherboard
MSI AMD Radeon HD 6670 1 GB DDR 5 GPU..
Games like batman arkham city,skyrim,etc used to run pretty smoothly..but all of sudden there was a problem with the PSU(its a Cooler master one),later the technician diagnosed it as a RAM problem though. So, I got the ram replaced by d vendor too,but now even simple game like pro evolution soccer gets stuck after few minutes of gaming..I used the CCleaner to clean the registry as well,but it hasn't fixed the problem..should i try reinstalling the OS or is there any other way the problem could be diagnosed and fixed...any suggestion/help would be highly appreciated,thank u n good day 2 all...

Gollum

Collector
how many ram modules do you have?
If 2 then try with just one
measure your computer temperatures
if your BIOS supports it, run a memory test in there.
slowdown could also be a failing HDD

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Try to swap the RAM modules one by one and check if that helps, else do a clean OS install as it'll help you to diagnose your problems.

Though I'm not sure, but are you using Cooler master extreme series ?? They were known to be notorious among Cooler Master providing unclean power though recent batches might be little better, if its new try to get it replaced by Real Power series by CM.

OP
K

Kungyal

Thank u for ur replies..yes i just have 2 ram modules, n i've already tried swappin it many times,n my PSU belongs 2 CM extreme series n its a 600 w one.
Guess I will have to resort 2 OS re-installation now...but could it really be a hard disk failure,when d file transfer speed's been d same as before,but with the old RAMs the PC used 2 shutdown by itself whenever multiple programmes were running at the same time..d problem sorta started when i downloaded the may version of the AMD GPU update...thanx again

OP
K

Kungyal

ya i swapped the new RAMs,n found out that running a single RAM, the game performs slightly better,but starts freezin again at the end,could it be the motherboard now?? Not too sure about the BIOS thing,I hardly fiddle with it,lil cue ny1?? thanks again

saswat23

Human Spambot
He has clearly mentioned it above. That's CM Extreme 600.

OP, install a fresh copy of your OS. Your mobo has 4*RAM slots so try with diff. config and make sure its not the problem with RAM(s).
If you think its HDD problem then install Crystal Disk and post a screenshot here.

OP
K

Kungyal

@Gollum Hi,i am not too sure about hdd lights,it stays off all the time, i believe the wire inside was taken out along with the USB 3.0 light which used 2 glow all d time..danke
@d6bmg Hi I am using CM Extreme Plus 600 w,RS-600-PCAR..danke
@saswat23 Hi,I installed that software, n d health status reads as GOOD..but the image file's not getting attached to this text at all...I'll try again later...could the problem be specifically related to the RAM slots instead of the RAMs,coz i tried atleast 2 different pair of RAMS..thank u mate..in a real fix here

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
He has clearly mentioned it above. That's CM Extreme 600.

Sorry. I only read the durst post of OP.
Back on the problem: Install hwmonitor. Please post a screenshot of that when your PC slows down. Most likely, it's due to overheating or HDD problem.

OP
K

Kungyal

Ok,I am not being able to attach the image file here...seems like my processor's running on a bit high temperature,61-69 degrees C. My HDD @ an average of 30,and GPU @ 36-39 degrees C..what do u make of it? thank u

OP
K

Kungyal

Hi,sorry couldn't attach the file here,so i have uploaded it in my tumblr account and given the link...sorry for the inconvenience.
*www.tumblr.com/blog/kungyal

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Upload the picture in any free image sharing service like imageshack & post the direct link here.
But from your post, I think it is most likely CPPU wich is throttling itself down due to high temperature. While gaming, 70C is hot.

OP
K

Kungyal

i applied the heatsink gel in the processor,and the game seems to be running pretty fine now,but not as smooth as it should be..temperature's now averaging at 40's now,so what's the normal temperature like? Should I go for the OS reinstallation,my sytem's just about 6 months old,and it hardly does any heavy duty work apart from occasional gaming,and besides I am from Gangtok,Sikkim,where the temperature barely goes above 25,wonder how the system's breaking down so soon...thank u mate.

OP
K

Kungyal

These are the screenshots of the CPUID and the Crystaldiskinfo before i apllied that heatsink paste...
Imageshack - capturetm.jpg
Imageshack - capture1hh.jpg
and now the screenshot after the heatsink was applied
Imageshack - aftermz.jpg
Imageshack - after2t.jpg
I hope the heatsink gel will do d job,n i dont have to go for OS reinstallation..thank u

OP
K

Kungyal

yeah it slows down,but the game doesn't freeze as before,I am bit worried about the cpu fan speed which is about 1400 rpm..shouldn't it be about 2000 atleast? btw i use Cooler Master Elite 311 Plus, with 2 stock fans,if the problem lies with the temperature,guess i need 2 add mo fans..will the windows reinstallation help here as well? thank u

Top Bottom