New pc rig budget MAX 40k

bong

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: major need is All kind of programming. other than that 3d modeling with maya,blender,3d max and plaing modern mainstream games. COD series BF3 and other newer games not in nescarily high full resolutions but in playable frame rent and decent quality at minimum. wont play online ever.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:
budget is 30k-35k if needed to make the rig balanced can extend upto 40k. as more near the budget, more btter.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:
no, never ( i think it is not essential to do that to play games at decent detailing. eh?)

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
windows 7,windows 8,ubuntu (dual boot)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
1 tb or 500gb HDD+ ssd in same budget

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:
yes i want to buy a new 20" widescreen W-led. better as much energy efficient it will be

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
keyboard,mouse,speakers, graphics card (for now, will buy later)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:
ASAP
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:
No, it will be my first shot
10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
Kolkata. have not decided yet. which ever will be cheaper. tried to buy from newegg, price is very cheaper but they dont ship to india. other than that looked into flipkart, they are riping apart. prices are high. if online purchasing are higher i would buy localy. sugetions are welcome
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
It will be better if cabinets looks good with window panel
all components should be energy efficient where possible (PSU,Monitors etc)
There should be enough space for future upgrade

Last edited:

shawn301287

Broken In
processor : i3 3225 +
mobo : Gigabyte B75-D3H = 12000
RAm: Gskill 4GB = 1450
HDD: Seagate 1TB = 4500
Cabinet: NZXT Beta Evo = 2500
PSU: Corsair CX-430 = 2500
ROM : Asus = 1000
Monitor : Dell 21" = 8500
Total = 32450
since your budget permits u can either add a graphics card o upgrade RAm to 8GB(2800) or HDD to 2TB(6000)

doomgiver

Warframe
get a phenon 2 1090T, much better for your tasks, it'll beat the i3 senseless in rendering.

suggest you get a hd6670 at the very least, if you plan to game, or buy an AMD apu.

OP
B

bong

Broken In
I want to build on i5 ivy bridge series. 4gb RAM and 1 TB HDD is more than enough for me. i will not buy gpu now and will depend upon integrated graphics card. corsair 430? i don't think 430 w can handle graphics card even with ati raedon. ASUS rom? which one are you refering? please specify model number of monitor. is that motherboard rely costs 12000? i dont think so.

this is the one i choosed before if you want to see.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/164539-powerfull-pc-rig-budget-35k.html

acewin

Point Blanc
thuban proccy will not be available now.

shawn301287, he is referring DVD-ROM i.e. optical drives.
you can add up core i5 proccy over it, ivy bridge i5 3450 would be priced around 11.5K
you can change mobo as well to get *www.flipkart.com/motherboards/compare?ids=MBDDAJBJYDZXFWWG,MBDD9MPBN2ZRTTPS,MBDD8QJJHPY4YVHA
This(i5 combo) will make your cost to 18K
20 inch display will cost around 7K or little more.
RAM I generally suggest 8GB chips than 4GB chips, they cost around 3400 bucks and are 1600 FSB. 4GB x2 will also cost almost same in case you are getting 1600 FSB RAMs

CX430 can easily take care of gfx card with i5 machine. you can get VS450 by paying just a little more

OP
B

bong

Broken In
@acewin can you tell what is the difference between gigabyte mobo you recommended and the one i choosed (Asrock in the above link)? intel board from that list seems dont have crossfire.

what do you think about that rig *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/164539-powerfull-pc-rig-budget-35k.html?

i dont need optical drives now.

i will upgrade to 8 gb later if needed. i want to reduce the expense here.

any sugetions on monitor model? brand?

sugetions on where to buy will be profitable? online or local?

450w psu will be enough? 560ti gpu wanting near 500w on i5

also what is amd proccy equivalant to intel i5-3450

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You are just confusing yourself because of two spammers. Just get the rig you configured change the Motherboard to a Gigabyte GA-H77DS3H and the Cabinet to Corsair 400R. You will get almost everything at MD Computers Kolkata. The Gigabyte board offer better quality as in Chokes Capacitors and thicker PCBs and better after sales support.

WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Maybe I am missing something here but is there any particular reason why you keep recomending MD Comp ?
The last time I went to them for cm 212 evo and asus p8z77m pro, they quoted me prices higher than FK :(
When I mentioned that fact, the person at the counter said one cannot claim warranty locally if item is bought online.
I tried bargaining some for the price but I guess some more persuasion was required.

doomgiver

Warframe
You are just confusing yourself because of two spammers. Just get the rig you configured change the Motherboard to a Gigabyte GA-H77DS3H and the Cabinet to Corsair 400R. You will get almost everything at MD Computers Kolkata. The Gigabyte board offer better quality as in Chokes Capacitors and thicker PCBs and better after sales support.

hey douchetard, who are you calling a spammer? you are the freaking spammer here.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Maybe I am missing something here but is there any particular reason why you keep recomending MD Comp ?
The last time I went to them for cm 212 evo and asus p8z77m pro, they quoted me prices higher than FK :(
When I mentioned that fact, the person at the counter said one cannot claim warranty locally if item is bought online.
I tried bargaining some for the price but I guess some more persuasion was required.

You are correct, they gave me the same reasoning when I wanted to buy a NZXT fan they were asking more for it. I ditched them and bought it online. Now for other things like Corsair and Nzxt they are stocking everything that a Gamer needs unlike some who gets it from them and sell. MD computers is the most well stocked PC store for gamer in Kolkata.
You have a point here no doubt. If they quote a higher price ditch them and go online. Vedant Computers or Velocity are the other two where he should get quotations from to match against each other and buy.

doomgiver

Warframe
I want to build on i5 ivy bridge series. 4gb RAM and 1 TB HDD is more than enough for me. i will not buy gpu now and will depend upon integrated graphics card. corsair 430? i don't think 430 w can handle graphics card even with ati raedon. ASUS rom? which one are you refering? please specify model number of monitor. is that motherboard rely costs 12000? i dont think so.

this is the one i choosed before if you want to see.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/164539-powerfull-pc-rig-budget-35k.html
the psu can handle even an i5 + gpu. no probs

thuban proccy will not be available now.

shawn301287, he is referring DVD-ROM i.e. optical drives.
you can add up core i5 proccy over it, ivy bridge i5 3450 would be priced around 11.5K
you can change mobo as well to get Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H Motherboard vs Intel DH77EB Motherboard vs ASUS P8H77-MLE Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com
This(i5 combo) will make your cost to 18K
20 inch display will cost around 7K or little more.
RAM I generally suggest 8GB chips than 4GB chips, they cost around 3400 bucks and are 1600 FSB. 4GB x2 will also cost almost same in case you are getting 1600 FSB RAMs

CX430 can easily take care of gfx card with i5 machine. you can get VS450 by paying just a little more
he might get a proccy, some guy might have stock left.
would an i5 be good of OP's requirements? he mentioned graphics design and rendering....

@acewin can you tell what is the difference between gigabyte mobo you recommended and the one i choosed (Asrock in the above link)? intel board from that list seems dont have crossfire.

what do you think about that rig *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/164539-powerfull-pc-rig-budget-35k.html?

i will upgrade to 8 gb later if needed. i want to reduce the expense here.

any sugetions on monitor model? brand?

450w psu will be enough? 560ti gpu wanting near 500w on i5

also what is amd proccy equivalant to intel i5-3450
amd does not have any equivalent proccy's at this time.
AMD and intel lineup differs significantly due to many factors, including cost, design philosophy and power. upper end, intel has monopoly. though at the middle-low ends, AMD has a few good offerings that can compete with intel.

also, why a z77 mobo? you dont need to overclock and such, do you?

doomgiver

Warframe
Did I even converse with you ..... Did I mean anything? So why do you say that to me??? AAAh Spammer...check ops 35K link!

oh hahaha, lol, that thread, d6bmg likes to run off his mouth. and the other noob, i dunno, must be new here. other than the cabinet and mobo, i dont see anything "very bad" with it.

if anyone calls rosewill cr@p, they ddeserve to get their heads stuffed down a toilet. rosewill might not be known in india, but its a premium segment supplier outside, and it features in many prominent forums, like hard ocp, anandtech and even hardware secrets. tho the warranty thing might be problematic.

OP
B

bong

Broken In

Yes i made change to the gigabyte board. and crosair cabinet. crosair spec is better than nxzt. but that nzxt models looks cooler. i was expecting a side window panel.

the psu can handle even an i5 + gpu. no probs

he might get a proccy, some guy might have stock left.
would an i5 be good of OP's requirements? he mentioned graphics design and rendering....

amd does not have any equivalent proccy's at this time.
AMD and intel lineup differs significantly due to many factors, including cost, design philosophy and power. upper end, intel has monopoly. though at the middle-low ends, AMD has a few good offerings that can compete with intel.

also, why a z77 mobo? you dont need to overclock and such, do you?
z77? i choosed h77. yes i wont overclock.

when would anyone need power of i5? would it be overkill?

AMD trinity and i5-3550 which one is better?

also how is i5 multi tasking? i am not going to heavy multi task, but i do decent multi tasking.

doomgiver

Warframe
er, the sort of work you are going to do, would benefit from multiple cores.
hence i suggested a hexa core thuban in the first place.

stick with i5, trinity is not yet good enough to compete with it.

i5 3550 is fast enough, will do fine.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
oh hahaha, lol, that thread, d6bmg likes to run off his mouth. and the other noob, i dunno, must be new here. other than the cabinet and mobo, i dont see anything "very bad" with it.

if anyone calls rosewill cr@p, they ddeserve to get their heads stuffed down a toilet. rosewill might not be known in india, but its a premium segment supplier outside, and it features in many prominent forums, like hard ocp, anandtech and even hardware secrets. tho the warranty thing might be problematic.

Exactly.

Yes i made change to the gigabyte board. and crosair cabinet. crosair spec is better than nxzt. but that nzxt models looks cooler. i was expecting a side window panel.

z77? i choosed h77. yes i wont overclock.

when would anyone need power of i5? would it be overkill?

AMD trinity and i5-3550 which one is better?

also how is i5 multi tasking? i am not going to heavy multi task, but i do decent multi tasking.

Your processor is up there with the best at that price ,dont worry,check here.
Charts, benchmarks CPU Charts 2012, [04] 3DMark11

Stick with the Corsair, a side fan option is a boon in India rather than a display window.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
My Suggestion:

Component
Name
Price
CPUIntel I5-345011,500
MotherboardAsus P8H77-M PRO9,200
RAMG.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 4GB1,350
HDDWD Blue 500GB3,350
PSUCorsair CX430V22,300
ChassisNZXT Source 2102,600
MonitorDell ST2220L8,100
Total37,300

Some points:

1. There is good H77 motherboard available in India at the present moment. So, if you can wait for Asus P8H77-V or call Asus India about the availability and the price of the same it would be the best.
2. You can add another 4GB of the suggested module if you think that 4GB won't be enough for your work. (IMO, add that 4GB as you are working with software like 3D max)
3. Dell makes best value-for-money monitors in India. So suggested Dell monitor. Asus Monitor is overpriced.
4. If you have plan to add more than one graphics card in future, then I would suggest you to change the PSU to some better ones like Corsair GS600 or TX650V2 or something like that. But for a single GPU, CX430V2 is more than enough.
5. Optional: CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO @2.1K

As you are fro Kolkata, I would suggest you to go to Vedant first. They offer cheaper price on virtually everything (generally 100-250/- cheaper than MD Computers).
The Chassis I've suggested (i.e. NZXT one), if you decide to buy that one, get from MD Computers, as they are the dealer of NZXT at Kolkata.
And good news! You will be getting every component in cheaper rate than what I've posted.

P.S. Never compare newegg prices with Indian prices. And you can't buy from newegg, sitting in India.
Avoid flipakrt, as it is getting overpriced day be day.

OP
B

bong

Broken In
^^ if i5-3450 and i5-3550 difference is so under 1k i would go for 3550. otherwise will choose 3540

what is the difference between the asus motherboard and gigabyte motherboard? what is the benifits?

I will hardly use dual graphics card. what i want to know is above mother boards will crossfire with integrated gpu or not when i install another gpu?

yes, as a start i will go with 4gb ram if needs arises will buy another stick.

i like that dell monitor. it has everything possible in that value. good news is hre is dell dealer near aound, hoping to get some price drop there.

I understand why you recommend that cabinet, no doubt it is good at that price but its too dull visually. I saw some moded cabby with led lights and i have fallen love with them. I wish if it possible to get something like that.(call me crazy or what). I have no idea though which model it was or what mod they made.

cooler? do i realy need cooler now? or it is recomendetion after buying the GPU?

yes i know newegg dont ship. but they have lot of people for review and lot of listed components from different manufacturer. I made the spec there to get the idea of budget and components. i knew the price will never be same in india. even look into flipkart after that. but yes flipkart is no use. every item is overpriced.

Thanks for the shop tips. anyway from where you get that quote? how much the price can drop if i buy locally as you mentioned?

@doomgiver@incernator
thanks for the confirmation mate. Feeling good now.

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
well my comments were almost same as
The Incinerator except I cannot suggest anything or do any post while I am in office.
First I was thinking in 1K difference 3450 against 3550, 3450 is better but had checked CPU Passmark, and it is decently high to justify the 1K difference.

About mobo and choice of AsRock board, AsRock are good board manufacturers, they have jumped their quality where as Gigabyte/Asus are old names. In my opinion AsRock board is good as well. provides more SATA 3 ports than any other board, audio support is also better with THX.
Again about asus and gigabyte, Asus is preferred brand, specs wise not much difference. same point of AsRock comes in here as well. IMO you can consider, except as usual if you want to run your system longer like 3-4 years get Asus board. Quality of components matters.

Top Bottom