New PC reboots

Ankit2695

Broken In
Hey friends..
My PC restarts automatically anytime randomly while gaming or even as soon as it starts or sometimes after an hour...
What can be wrong acc to you guys???
PC Specs-
Core i3 540 @ 3.06GHz No OC
VCore voltage - 1.296V
Corsair 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz
DRAM Voltage-1.586V
Gigabyte-GA H55-S2V

GPU-Sapphire HD 5670 1GB GDDR5

HDD -Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

PSU-iball LPS223-400 17A in +12V
What can be can be wrong RAM,PSU??
And My i3 goes 60C above while playing Assassin's Creed 2..
Please tell me if you need any extra info..
It's from the very first day of the PC..

Piyush

Lanaya
most probably PSU fault
before that make sure your RAMs are working fine

temps tend to go high while gaming /rendering/etc.
mine too reaches 56 on load

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
But Newegg PSU calculator recommends 301W??
How to check tha RAM??
So the temps are not a big issue right now...

Piyush

Lanaya
But Newegg PSU calculator recommends 301W??
How to check tha RAM??
So the temps are not a big issue right now...

but that newegg calc didnt know that you would be using iball PSU
these PSU are generic ones
should be avoided for better cause

well i only know one method for ram-
go check them in other system
but make sure that motherboard is ddr3 compatible

and those temps are fine
what is your idle temp reading?

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
idle is 41C..

Is there any other way?
I heard of an application memtest86?
Can you give a download link for Windows 7 64bit

Can overheating be the cause?
How can I make a game more GPU dependent(can't increase the res more than 1280X728)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Here's the memtest link.

A similar case happened with my uncle's system. His harddisk sectors were corrupted. I had downloaded the manufacturer's diagnostic tools and found out the corrupted sectors. His hdd was a seagate barracuda. Then all i had to do was a complete reinstallation of the os and a full format of the entire harddisk. Doing this, the bad sectors remain unused and the problem was solved.

Try doing this. But start everything step by step. If your motherboard does not give you any memory beep error, then it must be a hdd bad sector problem.

Do what i have said and post back here.:smile:

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
Plz tell me some way to make sure that it's the hdd??That diagnostic tool link??
I do not want to loose all the data till not neccesary..
Is that PSU just 250W???
And the idle temp is 41c..

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
Ok I have downloaded the WD Diagnostic tool,will try it today..

Please suggest me as cheap as possible possible PSU for me which will do the job..
Newegg reccommends 301W...

CA50

Cyborg Agent
seems like a PSU fault, it is unable to fulfill the required power requirements, so restart

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
seems like a PSU fault, it is unable to fulfill the required power requirements, so restart

As i said earlier, my uncle's system was having the same problem. He has a pentium dual core e5300, 2gb ddr2, 250gb seagate, asus radeon 3450 and a supercomp 400 w generic psu.

Even i thought it to be a psu fault and was so sure that i bought a cx400 for him. After fitting that,the same problem persisted. Then i came to know about the corrupted sectors and fixed them. Doing this, fixed the problem. So i suggest to follow the above steps i mentioned before changing the psu. Yes the psu is bad and needs to be changed but thats secondary.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
As i said earlier, my uncle's system was having the same problem. He has a pentium dual core e5300, 2gb ddr2, 250gb seagate, asus radeon 3450 and a supercomp 400 w generic psu.

Even i thought it to be a psu fault and was so sure that i bought a cx400 for him. After fitting that,the same problem persisted. Then i came to know about the corrupted sectors and fixed them. Doing this, fixed the problem. So i suggest to follow the above steps i mentioned before changing the psu. Yes the psu is bad and needs to be changed but thats secondary.

AFAIK, pc don't restart because of some bad sectors, bas sectors might result in pc freezup

OP
A

Ankit2695

Broken In
My PC restarts not freezes..
And I am unable to complete the hdd diagnosis because it takes around 1hr in extended test and my PC restarts in this time..once at 40% next time it happend at 60% till that it was fine..
Quick test shows no problems found..

Top Bottom