New PC infected by virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatt

In the zone
Dear friends,
one of my frnd purchased new system,as i warned him not to copy data without scan by a good antivirus,even then he copied data from here and there to his hard disk,but now when i updated his antivirus,it scanned and deleted infected files from windows sys32 folder,after that his window was not running smoothly,then we again partioned whole hard disk and installed window,but problem still remains there,after installation complete,when we updated its antivirus (avira),its again giving same virus list.how can we remove these virus please suggest here as soon as possible.i will be greatly thankful to you for this.

Arnab boss

In the zone
Hmmm.... ' I c

First of all which virus is it....?

Secondly is ur avira is genuine I mean is it downloaded or purchased..'

Thirdly I face this prob a few months back and it was a spamware..., first of all if u partitioned the hdd and still facing the prob then my sugg will b
Partition the drives with windows 98 and then again partition it with win xp 2...'

I hope this will solve it if u r facing same prob as mine and lastly always use genuine antvirus as it will save ur datas and drives ....'

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
easiest way. format the hard disk.
there is no use partioning and installing windows since if u access the partition(which th OS will, even if u dont) the virus will spread to the other partition.

So get NIS trial version and remove it. 50mb, 10 min installation works like a charm.

Or the hard way.

Get a 3rd party process monitoring app.
Delete all suspicious process in safe mode.
Clear startup and temporary folder.
And scan with a Good nav like NIS to get rid of it.

Arnab boss

In the zone
Ya but we have 2 c that what kinda virus it is as a got a prob with a spamware and even norton 09 could'nt help me out so I tried the trick which my bro a soft eng told me and then I was able to move it....! the virus which I had used to lock my taskmanager and then what the system gets hanged so beware of this virus....?

Now a days there r so many ant virus soft that everyone gets confuse but to me kaspersky , avira and total security is good and up to the mark...!

mrintech

Technomancer
Scan with the Following Softwares:

* *www.superantispyware.com/download.html
* *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Else go for Online Scanning: *mrintech.com/5-best-online-virus-scanners-you-can-use

:)

Arnab boss

In the zone
Don't u think tht online scanning is dangerous as it has a lot of chances to b affected by spamware Amd malware apps...?

prateek007391

In the zone
what ever u all r doing is correct but in wrong place

virus is nolonger a hardware problem

something which works in Code

code i mean to say

it is a QA or software trouble shooting

and by the way wat is the name of the virus, worry abt it first

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
its the matter related to hard disk so in this section,frnds thanks here but i could not able to know the name of that virus now,its a trozon i think so because now i can not able to open any antivirus on this system,and even not able to install any new antivirus(full cracked or trial) all other softwares working but not able to install and open my avira premium and even not able to install another one.please guide me.

prateek007391

In the zone
if u r able to start windows

give us some screen shot of Processes running in Taskmanager

And if u can find end all the suspicious looking processes

also
Then try any of 2 steps
1.) go to start-----> Run ----------> Type msconfig.exe

in it go to last tab (Startup) and uncheck all unknown and unimportant process

2.) also u can select diagnostic Startup from General TAB

then restart ur PC and see if u can install the AV

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
thanks for help here frnds but my hard disk is sata and i have not another pc with sata motherboad support here,that's the problem,and even checked boot from win98 cd but its not booting properly and giving message "could not able to find system disk".when i attach my pen drive with that pc and after my laptop its giving message of virus named"yxqm.pif" and second time it was"wsibp.pif" please guide me here.

please tell me easy solution here.i will be thankful to you.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Dear friends,
one of my frnd purchased new system,as i warned him not to copy data without scan by a good antivirus,even then he copied data from here and there to his hard disk,but now when i updated his antivirus,it scanned and deleted infected files from windows sys32 folder,after that his window was not running smoothly,then we again partioned whole hard disk and installed window,but problem still remains there,after installation complete,when we updated its antivirus (avira),its again giving same virus list.how can we remove these virus please suggest here as soon as possible.i will be greatly thankful to you for this.

Check if you are using a good Copy ...meaning a copy of windows installation( Or for that any Operating system which fancies you) which is virus free...?

My friend had the same problem and this harddisk replacing or scanning didnt help much until unless he changed the installation media.

I would suggest back up ur data and send the hdd to service center...'
Curious! what kind of service centre.

Win 98 doesn't support SATA, heck even Win XP only supports it through third party drivers.You must be having computer selling shops in your locality, try talking to them.
Formatting the HDD is going to be the only solution if you are unable to check it on another system.

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
Now i installed new copy of xp.everything is ok but there is problem with anti virus is not opening again.its giving registry editor disabled by administrator some time whats the problem.thanks

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
now these viruses infected my laptop too,please help me here,Now my reg editor is disabled by these how can i solve that problem.no one anti virus able to open,i tried avira,kespasky etc but all things useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom