New PC in 7 years!! :D Help needed to finalize a config.

Launch of Trinity seems far but buying a PC is a necessity. I want 2 PC's. What should I do?

• Buy a low budget PC and wait for Trinity (which would be my primary PC later)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Forget Trinity. Buy an Intel rig now, and upgrade to GFX next month.

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Call up the repair guy, repair my Pen 4, and wait for Trinity.

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Where would you find a "Trinity" laptop for 20k? huh?

Actually, you didn't read this post:
The reason I put the budget to just less then 20k was that I wanted to have two PC's. This <20k PC I was thinking to use as secondary PC, or for my dad. Then whenever trinity is launched, I was thinking to buy that with more budget.

I can buy laptop such as this: HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1.5GB Graph) any day on EMI.

But I prefer desktop more. But since there is so confusion to buy desktop, I wanted to put this as fourth option.
Also if I buy a laptop, even then I will have to buy a low end PC to make use of the 19" monitor I have and because it will be for home use.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
say you bought your secondary 20k pc
now when you are gonna buy "your" pc ?

If I buy a secondary <20k PC, I can wait for Trinity for like 2-3 months more. If it shows up early, I will still be able to buy it next month or in January.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Last week, while in Kolkata, I had a chat with Mr. Subir Mishra, the Regional Manager of AMD in Easter Region, India and Bangladesh and as per him, Trinity will be available at the end of Nov and Piledriver at the mid of December. So I think you should wait a little

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Last week, while in Kolkata, I had a chat with Mr. Subir Mishra, the Regional Manager of AMD in Easter Region, India and Bangladesh and as per him, Trinity will be available at the end of Nov and Piledriver at the mid of December. So I think you should wait a little

Its good news then.
Well, if I am going to wait, I still will have to do something. Either repair pen 4, or built a low end PC (LEPC). Problem with the second option is that I don't have any components that I can re-use with the LEPC. Which means it would still cost significant (Rs. 14122, less locally).

*docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avb5KHSVc5pzdG5TMVVnSnFFSXpxUzRsT1ZYRWt2MWc&pli=1#gid=0

So, should I go for this Atom configuration for now?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Do you have other components apart from CPU and motherboard?

I have components like 2 40 GB non Sata HDD's, DDR1 RAM and Intex 450 Watt SMPS, so nothing can be re-used. And because of that I want to upgrade to at least an Atom config, if I am waiting for Trinity.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok. I finally have made a decision.

First of all, I am NOT going to repair my Pen 4, so please no, "Use Pen 4" BS anymore.. :|

Now.. I have planned to go for a low end PC while I wait for Trinity. Since this way my objective for having two PC's can be achieved. I already have Cabinet from my pen 4 rig. I just have to buy following components to make a low end PC. I also have a local Intex 450 Watt SMPS which most of you would agree could never be recommended. So I have chosen a low watt SMPS.

[GS]0Avb5KHSVc5pzdGFPSDd1V2JVTDFKSGxSRm5aSnlYVEE&single=true&gid=0&range=B2%3AD9&output=html[/GS]

icebags

Technomancer
if u are to get trinity soon, why just don't use intex or get a cx430v2 instead, cx one will be re-useable. or if u use intex u can get better psu when getting trinity ?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
if u are to get trinity soon, why just don't use intex or get a cx430v2 instead, cx one will be re-useable. or if u use intex u can get better psu when getting trinity ?

Cause I want to make two PC's. This one would be the secondary, and I am waiting for Trinity/Piledriver to be assembled as my Primary PC.
And I have made some changes in the config posted earlier, updated them.

After a lot of research I came to a conclusion that FK is the only way to get this PSU (CX 430V2).

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Got the components on Friday and assembled yesterday! :D

Components:

*i.imgur.com/JcW91h.jpg

*i.imgur.com/pIbIf.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Xs7SC.jpg

*i.imgur.com/272qX.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kyuik.jpg

*i.imgur.com/KCnk9.jpg

*i.imgur.com/AyktF.jpg

Assembling:

*i.imgur.com/ktX2C.jpg

*i.imgur.com/7MNTM.jpg

*i.imgur.com/HOitJ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/ROepw.jpg

*i.imgur.com/fWvVu.jpg

Many more Pics in this album: *imgur.com/a/EGOks

_AkasH_

Broken In
I'm in the same boat, looking for a rig for my dad. But I decided to go with a laptop. He just needs it for some Corel work and light Photoshop and mailing stuff. And also, lacking space in his room (need to buy another table for a desktop, too much hassle).

I found this HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook is good enough. Will add 2GB RAM to that and that should be fine. Of course, you can do a lot better with a 20K desktop.

EDIT : Well, didn't see the second page. Nice build, congrats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom