New PC for my Cousin - 20-25k

aaronbrako

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: MS office, music, movies , web browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20-25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windiws 7 Home Premium

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250 gb should be enough till the prices drop back down

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Want to buy a full HD monitor in the near future.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: monitor , kb+mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: A week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: mumbai. will compare prices given by you guys with her 'computer guy' and decide between him and lamington rd.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Am I right in assuming my cousin wont need a GPU, and the money will be better spent on other components ? Or would a basic GPU be needed for HD movies n such ?
Also, can she sell her existing CPU at lamington rd ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AMD A6 3650 @ 6344
Gigabyte GA-A55M-S2V @ 3536
Corsair DDR3 4 GB @ 1199
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB @ 4329
LG GH22NS70 @ 1008
ANy cabinet you prefer locally @ 1.5k (without PSU)
Corsair 430CX V2 @ 2348

TOTAL: 20264

spend the rest on speaker and save for monitor. preferably a 24" Full HD @ ~12k

PS: all prices from flipkart

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
what about using the entire 25k ?
ps. need prices from lamington rd to compare with what the 'computer guy' offers.

guys !! please

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
processor|core i3 2100|6000
motherboard|intel DH67CLB3|5400
ram|1*4gb corsair 1333|1100
hard disk|seagate or WD 500gb|4000
dvd drive|LG sata|900
graphics card|sapphire radeon 6670 1gb DDR5|5000
psu|corsair cx430v2|2200
cabinet|zebronics/cheap|1200

total:25800

prices in lamington road should be same or lower but not higher.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ssk_the_gr8,it is my opinion that "best" depends on individual preferences.e.g.A6-3650 is a quad core processor but for normal usages difference between it & i3-2100 is not noticeable & in fact i3 will be faster in those applications which only use 2 cores(currently most of them especially the normal usage ones).further a discreet graphics card provides flexibility & especially so if it is much more powerful than integrated graphics.e.g.say if op in future decides to use video post processing/madvr for enhancing picture quality then a card like 6670 will come in handy but extra 2 cores won't.in fact practically looking using video post processing to enhance picture quality has much more significance for someone than extra 2 cores who mainly use pc for normal usages.of course card can also be used with A6 but then the main point of getting llano is to avoid buying discreet card not to mention increased power usage & temps.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
@ssk_the_gr8,it is my opinion that "best" depends on individual preferences.e.g.A6-3650 is a quad core processor but for normal usages difference between it & i3-2100 is not noticeable & in fact i3 will be faster in those applications which only use 2 cores(currently most of them especially the normal usage ones).further a discreet graphics card provides flexibility & especially so if it is much more powerful than integrated graphics.e.g.say if op in future decides to use video post processing/madvr for enhancing picture quality then a card like 6670 will come in handy but extra 2 cores won't.in fact practically looking using video post processing to enhance picture quality has much more significance for someone than extra 2 cores who mainly use pc for normal usages.of course card can also be used with A6 but then the main point of getting llano is to avoid buying discreet card not to mention increased power usage & temps.

1)dont loose your marbles over this :lol:

2)it's about personal opinions , i believe according to his requirements , discreet gfx card is not needed.
the extra 2 cores help in future proofing.. if he keeps the pc for 5 years or so...
video post processing is done by like .1% of the pc users. and that to her cousin will be doing it is highly unlikely.
for her usage llano is best

we are here to give suggestions according to his requirements, he can decide for himself

End of

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ssk_the_gr8,i only lose marbles when playing kanches with friends:cool:

like you said i was just giving op alternative & possible benefits(after all he asked how to spend full 25k as A6 config was only costing ~20k:) )

P.S.btw how do mods know user is "he" or "she".i am guessing access to profile.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The configuration posted by Sam is the one to go for. Better overall config than the i3 based one. OP doesnt need a 6670. He doesnt have gaming mentioned in the usage. The IGP of the A6 is more than enough to hold its own even if OP decides on light gaming.

OP
A

aaronbrako

Broken In
clarification: I am a guy (i play bf3 with u ppl ffs), my cousin is a girl.

btw, why are you guys crying over a GPU. Sam's config costs 5k less, she can put that towards the 6670. But seeing as she probably wont need it, could'nt she put the 5k to get an i5 2500 ?

Top Bottom