New Pc Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy20b

Journeyman
Dear All

I want to buy new PC with my this months salary :) .. unfortunately my budget is 30k .. In future i may upgrade ram and speakers, I have time till march 5th ..
before that i want to finalize everything .. So the configuration which i have thot about is as below .. and please avoid using "IF " :) coz my budget is only 30k :-(

Im not sure if these prices are correct .. just correct me

Amd Phenom II x4 620 4.7k
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO 6.5k
Transcend 2GB DDR3 2.5k
WD 500gb SATA 2.5k

Dell ST2210 8.9k

CM Elite 310 + GB 460W ??
LG/SONY Dvd W/R 1.1k
UPS ??

FUTURE UPGRADE ( Excluded from 30k :) )
-----------------------
Altec lansing BXR1221 0.9k
2GB extra Ram 2.5k

I already have Labtec Wireless Keyboard Optical Mouse combo set

I have thot of OCing at least CPU and may be mGPU

I know this configuration itself crossing 30k but i want to minimize it, if possible. Please suggest me best UPS + cabinet + PSU at minimum best and considering that i will not add any GPU in future.

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Dear All

I want to buy new PC with my this months salary :) .. unfortunately my budget is 30k .. In future i may upgrade ram and speakers, I have time till march 5th ..
before that i want to finalize everything .. So the configuration which i have thot about is as below .. and please avoid using "IF " :) coz my budget is only 30k :-(

Im not sure if these prices are correct .. just correct me

Amd Phenom II x4 620 4.7k
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO 6.5k
Transcend 2GB DDR3 2.5k
WD 500gb SATA 2.5k

Dell ST2210 8.9k

CM Elite 310 + GB 460W ??
LG/SONY Dvd W/R 1.1k
UPS ??

FUTURE UPGRADE ( Excluded from 30k :) )
-----------------------
Altec lansing BXR1221 0.9k
2GB extra Ram 2.5k

I already have Labtec Wireless Keyboard Optical Mouse combo set

I have thot of OCing at least CPU and may be mGPU

I know this configuration itself crossing 30k but i want to minimize it, if possible. Please suggest me best UPS + cabinet + PSU at minimum best and considering that i will not add any GPU in future.

Thanks

well ur config is good. but few days ago i talked with the owner of Exodus PC, thunder.02dragon. he told me the services & product quality of Asus is deteriorating. i not sure but as he deals in PC, so his words can be trusted. so you may talk to him about the motherboard.

as for processor, its a good 1 & can be OC using stock cooler easily. still if budget permits you may look at X2 555 BE as its almost certain to unlock. to OC however a OEM HSF is necessary.

ram is good.

HDD wil cost you less ~2.3k. u may look at Samsung F3 500Gb.

Cabinet, you may get the Zebronics Reaper. & to reduce cost i suggest you get FSP Saga II 400W. very silent & efficient. & if u sure u won't add any graphics card in 2-3 years, get the FSP Saga II 350W.

UPS, minimum is APC 550Va. if you thinking of adding a graphics card in future get the 650Va.

you choose a very costly monitor. it'll cost you even more. maybe 9.3k or so. if you willing game on IGP get 20". if watching movie Benq 22".

NOTE: if you change motherboard 2 good options are: MSI 785GM-E65 & Asrock M3A785GXH 128M. both have 128Mb DDR3 sideport & are highly OC'be. both NB heatsink are good so u can OC the IGP with little or no problem to 800Mhz+. maybe 900Mhz is also possible. 1Ghz however wil need some good cooling. latter 1 have 3 X Pcie X 16 2.0 slots, working at (8X + 8X + 4X).

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
well ur config is good. but few days ago i talked with the owner of Exodus PC, thunder.02dragon. he told me the services & product quality of Asus is deteriorating. i not sure but as he deals in PC, so his words can be trusted. so you may talk to him about the motherboard.

Thanks for the info .. waiting for his reply .. or ill PM him later

as for processor, its a good 1 & can be OC using stock cooler easily. still if budget permits you may look at X2 555 BE as its almost certain to unlock. to OC however a OEM HSF is necessary.

I know X2 555 BE is good .. But I dont want to take risk with that . If it gets unlock to 4 cores then it will be gr8 .. but if it doesnt then u have just 2 cores with you.. And I aint that lucky :)

ram is good.

HDD wil cost you less ~2.3k. u may look at Samsung F3 500Gb.

I would like to go with WD.. but which one is better green or blue ?

Cabinet, you may get the Zebronics Reaper. & to reduce cost i suggest you get FSP Saga II 400W. very silent & efficient. & if u sure u won't add any graphics card in 2-3 years, get the FSP Saga II 350W.

Yes .. i was expecting something like this .. i have not thot of adding any extra GPU in future but even if i add i will change the PSU :) . By the way wat is the cost of Z reaper ? is it better than CM elite 310 ?

UPS, minimum is APC 550Va. if you thinking of adding a graphics card in future get the 650Va.

What is the cost of both ups ? I have to think here, in case if i get graphicss card in future .I think 550va will not be sufficient in that case

you choose a very costly monitor. it'll cost you even more. maybe 9.3k or so. if you willing game on IGP get 20". if watching movie Benq 22".

Actually i enquired at my place this monitor costs 8.9k .. but my fren is an employee in Dell :) so Im planing to ask him :)

NOTE: if you change motherboard 2 good options are: MSI 785GM-E65 & Asrock M3A785GXH 128M. both have 128Mb DDR3 sideport & are highly OC'be. both NB heatsink are good so u can OC the IGP with little or no problem to 800Mhz+. maybe 900Mhz is also possible. 1Ghz however wil need some good cooling. latter 1 have 3 X Pcie X 16 2.0 slots, working at (8X + 8X + 4X).

Thanx i will do some research in google :)

Last edited:
OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
First of all why the 30K Budget becomes unfortunate, just because people go for i7 and i5 does not mean your systems a handycap. Believe me as I have been suggesting in my posts, 90% of the people who buy a PC use them for Movies, Music, MS Office, some photoshop and gaming. Unless your usage is any different than this, (like A/V encoading and editng stuff....etc)you config is gonna rock, infact trust me .....even if you go with a AMD Dual Core with 2GB DDR2 RAM, take my word for it..........there would not be any real world difference in general application usage in comparision to even the i7ss.
Just because technology is movind at a neck breaking pace does not mean....year or two old stuff becomes worthless.

Yes if you are in to some Heavy gaming, you ought to have a decent GFX but thats it. Even for gaming........... only the GFX has to be powerfull and any Dual Core with DDR2 can easily play it.

thanks.. I use comp for movies,music,browsing, avrg gaming, java develpment or linux develpment. or slightly photoshop ..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks for the info .. waiting for his reply .. or ill PM him later

PM him. if possible call him or leave a note for him in kolkata price thread.

I know X2 555 BE is good .. But I dont want to take risk with that . If it gets unlock to 4 cores then it will be gr8 .. but if it doesnt then u have just 2 cores with you.. And I aint that lucky :)

it'll unlock surely. still if u don't wanna take risk then look at the price diff of X4 620 & 630. if 630 available for below 5k, its bargain.

I would like to go with WD.. but which one is better green or blue ?

WD is good also. better than Samsung. Blue. Green is for energy saver. it spins at 5400rpm. & cost a tad more. still check if Samsung F3 available. don't get F2, its 5400rpm same as WD green.

Yes .. i was expecting something like this .. i have not thot of adding any extra GPU in future but even if i add i will change the PSU :) . By the way wat is the cost of Z reaper ? is it better than CM elite 310 ?

Reaper - default PSU should cost ~1.8k. got 2 side fan, both LED, transparent panel. 1 top fan. still if u buy it adding 2 more fan advisable.

What is the cost of both ups ? I have to think here, in case if i get graphicss card in future .I think 550va will not be sufficient in that case

550Va costs 2k-2.2k. depends on the place of purchase. 650va cost exactly 1k more than 550Va. 550Va wil support a midrange graphics card but wil put lot of stain on the UPS. avoid it.

Actually i enquired at my place this monitor costs 8.9k .. but my fren is an employee in Dell :) so Im planing to ask him :)

oh then its great. great monitor @ 8.9k only. WOW !!!

Thanx i will do some research in google :)

i already done it. u may consider it as a cheap Asus M4A785TD-V EVO. it got few unnecessary & rather stupid things like a floppy port, 3 Pcie X 16 slots. when 2 is more than enough. heat sink is good but no cooling of sideport memory (Asus, MSI don't have too. Only Biostar do it). no cooling of VRM & chokes, etc but why complain? it cost lot less than Asus. IGP is highly OC'ble. Bios is good. features as good as Asus. OC is good too.

see, your current config is more than sufficient. Infact as i said wanna save more, can go for Dual Core and DDR2 and still you would not feel any real time difference...........

very much true. but still a below 5k quad core means a good investment. just IGP should be good, not Intel's crappy IGP.

Last edited:
OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
Thanks for all reply..

im thinking of changing cabinet psu and mobo.. is msi better option or shud i go with asrock or gigabyte ?

This weekend ill enquire the price of elite 310 and reaper and post here and also for psu is saga 360 sufcient ?

please name atleast two psu / cabinet / mobo names ,, this weekend ill check prrice and post it here.

and ups i think il go with apc 550v

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks for all reply..

im thinking of changing cabinet psu and mobo.. is msi better option or shud i go with asrock or gigabyte ?

This weekend ill enquire the price of elite 310 and reaper and post here and also for psu is saga 360 sufcient ?

please name atleast two psu / cabinet / mobo names ,, this weekend ill check prrice and post it here.

and ups i think il go with apc 550v

Thanks

if you want a decent good looking cabinet at low price with transparent panel, Zebronics reaper is good one. also good is Peace. CM Elite 310 have its own class but costly & without any fancy LED fans.

without graphics card, Saga II 350 is good option. its super silent like SeaSonics PSU's. VIP 400W, Zebronics Pro 350W also available in same price range but none beat FSP as its was an OEM formerly. creating PSU for other brands. true 80%+ efficient.

for motherboard theres 4 choices: all DDR3 rams, 128Mb sideport.

Biostar TA790GX A3 128M: based on HD3300/790GX. have sideport in the form of 128Mb DDR2-800. can't be OC'd much. but IGP already clocked at 700Mhz. & can be pushed till 900Mhz if cooling is provided. 2 way crossfire available. cost ~5.8k.

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO: board speaks for itself. PREMIUM. best 785G based board ever. 1Ghz+ IGP possible. 2 way crossfire again. ask comp@addict. he using this board.

ASROCK M3A785GXH 128M: same as Asus. cost ~5.9k. but looks a bit ugly :)
but still for home, moderate OC'ng its enough. IGP can be OC'd past 1Ghz. memory is a Nanya 128Mb DDR3-1333Mhz, same used in the Asus 785G-V EVO. it can be OC'd past 1600Mhz without any additional cooling. 3 way crossfire (useless for most).

MSI 785GM E65: cheapest. best connectivity. IGP OC'be only to ~800Mhz. cause of the small NB heatsink. memory i not know what used but OC'be to same level as Asus/AsRock. maybe more.

any 785G/790GX board with sideport OC'd @ 800Mhz (safe value) wil beat a sideport less mobo even if its IGP runs at 900Mhz.

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
if you want a decent good looking cabinet at low price with transparent panel, Zebronics reaper is good one. also good is Peace. CM Elite 310 have its own class but costly & without any fancy LED fans.

without graphics card, Saga II 350 is good option. its super silent like SeaSonics PSU's. VIP 400W, Zebronics Pro 350W also available in same price range but none beat FSP as its was an OEM formerly. creating PSU for other brands. true 80%+ efficient.

for motherboard theres 4 choices: all DDR3 rams, 128Mb sideport.

Biostar TA790GX A3 128M: based on HD3300/790GX. have sideport in the form of 128Mb DDR2-800. can't be OC'd much. but IGP already clocked at 700Mhz. & can be pushed till 900Mhz if cooling is provided. 2 way crossfire available. cost ~5.8k.

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO: board speaks for itself. PREMIUM. best 785G based board ever. 1Ghz+ IGP possible. 2 way crossfire again. ask comp@addict. he using this board.

ASROCK M3A785GXH 128M: same as Asus. cost ~5.9k. but looks a bit ugly :)
but still for home, moderate OC'ng its enough. IGP can be OC'd past 1Ghz. memory is a Nanya 128Mb DDR3-1333Mhz, same used in the Asus 785G-V EVO. it can be OC'd past 1600Mhz without any additional cooling. 3 way crossfire (useless for most).

MSI 785GM E65: cheapest. best connectivity. IGP OC'be only to ~800Mhz. cause of the small NB heatsink. memory i not know what used but OC'be to same level as Asus/AsRock. maybe more.

any 785G/790GX board with sideport OC'd @ 800Mhz (safe value) wil beat a sideport less mobo even if its IGP runs at 900Mhz.

thanks for the all info .. but y didnt u mention about gigabyte ? asrock is another good option i think ..

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I would at no pint suggest a Zebronics cabbie, they seriouslly lack quality, all they offer are bling bling leds all over, with no esthatics or noise level reduction, iBall is in the same catagory but I presume still better than Zeb. Personal experience their fans sound like a twister after a couple of months and leds go all crap after a while. Same is with Zebronics PSU, not up to the quality, their 12v rail does not provide the rated amps. PSU is an important part of a system. VIP is good but I think VIP is even more expensive then CM.
Also I would not suggest Biostar for Mobo, simply because of the quality, specialy for OCing.

So what would you suggest for cabinet, psu and mobo ? i think these are the places where i can reduce my total damage :).. I have posted my usage in this thread and also i have no idea of adding extra gpu but have thot Ocing proc and IGP ..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
So what would you suggest for cabinet, psu and mobo ? i think these are the places where i can reduce my total damage :).. I have posted my usage in this thread and also i have no idea of adding extra gpu but have thot Ocing proc and IGP ..

Sorry to break into middle but don't make mistake of getting a cheap PSU especially when you're getting good components. The health of the PSu lies in the quality of PSU you invest. An 80%+ efficiency PSU will help in long run though it may pinch your pocket at the time of purchase.

For PSU, I suggest get atleast Seasonic Bronze 380W or Corsair CX400W. DON'T GO FOR CM EXTREME SERIES PSU's.

Yes, you can cut short into cabby. I recommed Zebronics Bijli for Rs.1,100. Though the newer version is not that good but still you won't get better cabinet at such a price point. If you're willing to spend Rs.2,000 then I recommend the NZXT Gamma. How is Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H for the mobo?

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
Cool G5 suggestions ar good except again Zeb Cabbie, I dont know about Bijili but PEACE and Antibiotec both were crap. If you HAVE to save on cabbie well go for it, but I am sure you are gonna spend on better fans later, else night computing would be a pain. Try CM Elite 341 Mini Cabbi. 310 Elite is mid tower 341 should land cheaper than 310. Else go for iBall/Zeb either way and change the fans.......
For mobo the one you have finilized ASUS nothing wrong with it. its a good board but not Crossfire friendly. Yes you can do CF but the architecture for this board reserves nly 4 lanes for 2nd PCI, not enough. So if CF is not your thing do for this one. Its pretty much OC friendly.
GA-MA785GMT-US2H as suggested by G5 is in all probables a far better board, but i am not sure how exensive it would be.

I agree asus is gud mobo .. but it is expensive.. I have no plans of buying graphics card. so i want go for a mobo which has ddr3 sideport memory with built in graphics card ., easyly OCble. and which supports ddr3 memory and am3 socket

and i dont want to spend more than 3.5k - 4k with CABINET + PSU ... thats why i wanted you ppl to suggest minimum best combination of cabinet and PSU ..

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I agree asus is gud mobo .. but it is expensive.. I have no plans of buying graphics card. so i want go for a mobo which has ddr3 sideport memory with built in graphics card ., easyly OCble. and which supports ddr3 memory and am3 socket

and i dont want to spend more than 3.5k - 4k with CABINET + PSU ... thats why i wanted you ppl to suggest minimum best combination of cabinet and PSU ..

Thanks

from reviews, Asus is best 785G mobo out there. it cost 6.5k but gigabyte without sideport, low OC potential for IGP, mATX cost 5.8k in most places. so i see no reason why ppls should choose gigabyte over Asus if IGP is main concern. but lately thunder's words still struct, Asus's quality is decreasing. so, 3rd option is AsRock or MSI.

For Cabinet: CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k.
2 X 120mm fans @ 0.4k
Transparent side panel @ 300 bucks.
For PSU: FSP Saga II 400W @ ~2.2k.

Total @ 1.5 + 0.4 + .3 + 2.2k = 4.3k but worth the price. what others say?

Sorry to break into middle but don't make mistake of getting a cheap PSU especially when you're getting good components. The health of the PSu lies in the quality of PSU you invest. An 80%+ efficiency PSU will help in long run though it may pinch your pocket at the time of purchase.

For PSU, I suggest get atleast Seasonic Bronze 380W or Corsair CX400W. DON'T GO FOR CM EXTREME SERIES PSU's.

Yes, you can cut short into cabby. I recommed Zebronics Bijli for Rs.1,100. Though the newer version is not that good but still you won't get better cabinet at such a price point. If you're willing to spend Rs.2,000 then I recommend the NZXT Gamma. How is Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H for the mobo?

seen ur purchase, nice 1. by the way how much does the Gamma cost? looks really cool & have a distinct taste of gamer. can you list the features? & 1 good point is the PSU can be placed at the bottom.

But i not see any reason why CX400 or even SeaSonic 380W should be included when a good 400W PSU from FSP or VIP fits the bill well.

Cool G5 suggestions ar good except again Zeb Cabbie, I dont know about Bijili but PEACE and Antibiotec both were crap. If you HAVE to save on cabbie well go for it, but I am sure you are gonna spend on better fans later, else night computing would be a pain. Try CM Elite 341 Mini Cabbi. 310 Elite is mid tower 341 should land cheaper than 310. Else go for iBall/Zeb either way and change the fans.......
For mobo the one you have finilized ASUS nothing wrong with it. its a good board but not Crossfire friendly. Yes you can do CF but the architecture for this board reserves nly 4 lanes for 2nd PCI, not enough. So if CF is not your thing do for this one. Its pretty much OC friendly.
GA-MA785GMT-US2H as suggested by G5 is in all probables a far better board, but i am not sure how exensive it would be.

yah Zebronics main problem are the LED fans. they seem to go kaput soon. also the speed/temp control fans go bad easily. i always avoid recommending Zebronics in good builds cause their products feel cheap. their Pro range of PSU are however good. not as good as International brands but still worth the price @ 500W or 550W modular.

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO support crossfire at X16 + X4 config. CFX wil run ok if cards are like HD5670 or HD4670. but above it, the X4 wil slow thing down. really badly. still USB 3 addon cards can be used on the X4 slot.

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
from reviews, Asus is best 785G mobo out there. it cost 6.5k but gigabyte without sideport, low OC potential for IGP, mATX cost 5.8k in most places. so i see no reason why ppls should choose gigabyte over Asus if IGP is main concern. but lately thunder's words still struct, Asus's quality is decreasing. so, 3rd option is AsRock or MSI.

Some ppl say asus is good but i also heard from you that thier quality decreasing .. i have PM thunder.02dragon .. i am waiting for his response..

For Cabinet: CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k.
2 X 120mm fans @ 0.4k
Transparent side panel @ 300 bucks.
For PSU: FSP Saga II 400W @ ~2.2k.

Total @ 1.5 + 0.4 + .3 + 2.2k = 4.3k but worth the price. what others say?

is Transparent side panel really worth ? what is the benefit of that ?

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Then your current selection for mobo is good enough......and I think you would get CM elite and CM 400W PSU within 4, 4.5 but that would be worth it. Chechout this..

*www.newtechnology.co.in/cooler-master-computer-casescabinet-pricelist-india-pc-chasis/

Thanks for the link .. that was really helpful

Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 330 (With 390W PSU)– Rs.3,449/-
Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 332 (With 390W PSU) — Rs.3,005/-
Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 331 (With 390W PSU) — Rs.3,199/-
Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 333 (With 390W PSU) — Rs.3,205/-

Is CM elite PSU is good ?

what about buying CM elite along with CM PSU .. what others say ?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Some ppl say asus is good but i also heard from you that thier quality decreasing .. i have PM thunder.02dragon .. i am waiting for his response..

better ask him through kolkata thread. i doubt he'll respond through PMs. still you may get Asus. their products are nice. just the service or response is bad is u ever need to RMA the motherboard.

is Transparent side panel really worth ? what is the benefit of that ?

nothing much. just look good if u add a 120mm LED fan.

Thanks for the link .. that was really helpful

Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 330 (With 390W PSU)– Rs.3,449/-
Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 332 (With 390W PSU) — Rs.3,005/-
Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 331 (With 390W PSU) — Rs.3,199/-
Cooler Master Cabinet Elite 333 (With 390W PSU) — Rs.3,205/-

Is CM elite PSU is good ?

what about buying CM elite along with CM PSU .. what others say ?

those are Xtreme PSU that come bundled with CM Elite cabbys. stay away from them. get CM Elite 310 + some other good PSU @ 2k since you not going get any discrete graphics. even with a additional graphics card most PSU in the range of 2k wil handle with the exception of high end cards.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Just want to add that that if you dont want to risk buying X2 550, then buy X4 620, thats a real VFM Quad core proccy.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
seen ur purchase, nice 1. by the way how much does the Gamma cost? looks really cool & have a distinct taste of gamer. can you list the features? & 1 good point is the PSU can be placed at the bottom.

But i not see any reason why CX400 or even SeaSonic 380W should be included when a good 400W PSU from FSP or VIP fits the bill well.

I recommend the CX400W & the Seasonic 380W due to their excellent 80+ efficiency & being value for money. Other barnds don't stand a change as Corsair often rates their products low. For e.g. the CX400W is capable of output of around 480W but still it is not advertised like that by Corsair. Read up some review over net & you should come to know why I strongly suggest so.

I got the NZXT Gamma for Rs.2000.
Its features are:

# 6 Fan Mounts(1 at rear, two at side, two on top & one on front). One fan(rear) is included while you have to get the rest.

# Screwless HDD BAY alongwith thumbscrews provided for optical drive installation.

# Pre drilled holes so you can install water cooling kit if you wish.

# Full Black coated cabinet looks great. You will not find this feature in most of the budget cabinets.

# PSU is mounted at bottom which has a washable dustcover. Even the front mesh has a washable dust filter.

# Good Cable management as the cables are routed from behind the motherboard. Aids in ventilation of the cabinet.

#Snazzy Looks(Though personally I didn't liked it) :razz:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I recommend the CX400W & the Seasonic 380W due to their excellent 80+ efficiency & being value for money. Other barnds don't stand a change as Corsair often rates their products low. For e.g. the CX400W is capable of output of around 480W but still it is not advertised like that by Corsair. Read up some review over net & you should come to know why I strongly suggest so.

I got the NZXT Gamma for Rs.2000.
Its features are:

# 6 Fan Mounts(1 at rear, two at side, two on top & one on front). One fan(rear) is included while you have to get the rest.

# Screwless HDD BAY alongwith thumbscrews provided for optical drive installation.

# Pre drilled holes so you can install water cooling kit if you wish.

# Full Black coated cabinet looks great. You will not find this feature in most of the budget cabinets.

# PSU is mounted at bottom which has a washable dustcover. Even the front mesh has a washable dust filter.

# Good Cable management as the cables are routed from behind the motherboard. Aids in ventilation of the cabinet.

#Snazzy Looks(Though personally I didn't liked it) :razz:

but they demand a similar premium. CX400 costs 3.2k or so. SeaSonic 380W cost 2.8-2.9k. for that price they good but if graphics card is not included they better be kept away. as Op won't get graphics card so better get a similar 80%+ efficient, silent PSU but ~2k. which is sweet spot.

i specially liked that the PSU can be mounted at the bottom. i don't think any cabby @ 2k have that feature. cabby is really specious, seen from the pic u posted. nice cabby, nice purchase. & i see no reason to not like that cabby. looks really nice. put up a front LED 120mm fan & u'll start liking it :grin:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Sam.Shab - Yes, I agree with you. So I think Gigabyte Superb 460W which comes for Rs.2.2K should be a good choice.

I will sure be putting some fans on that cabby. Will then post pics. But its a future upgarde not anytime soon.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam.Shab - Yes, I agree with you. So I think Gigabyte Superb 460W which comes for Rs.2.2K should be a good choice.

I will sure be putting some fans on that cabby. Will then post pics. But its a future upgarde not anytime soon.

gigabyte 460W available for 2.2k only in lynx. else where the price is between 2.4-2.6k inc tax.

I find nothing wrong with bundled PSUs of CM..???

those are Xtreme Power PSU's. cause a CM Elite 33* + CM real power (something like this only) wil cost above 5k. how can they then sell it for 3k. its just impossible. those Xtreme Power & are BAD.

Gigabyte Superb is actually 350W and its overrated 400W PSU...better not to stick fr future upgrades...Its max power is 400W

350W or 400W. they suppose to be 400W with maximum output of 460W under suitable condition. if its 350W. those PSU are real nonsense then. better pay 300 more & get Seasonic 380W.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I quoted the price from PrimeABGB from Mumbai. I still recommend going for the Seasonic if you are really strap on budget.

Just imagine, one gets a cheap PSU. After sometime it blows up taking away your motherboard & making bad sectors on your HDD. Not to forget, veing not even 80% efficient you will spend more on electricity bills. It then makes a lot of sense to get the Seasonic or CX400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom