New PC Configuration in less than 25 K

bhappyharsha

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Browsing, chatting, watching movies, songs, Office software
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 24-25K
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7/XP sp3/Ubuntu
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 GB
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 1024 *768 I want either a 19 inch or 20 inch monitor
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: No. I can build it if i have some tutorials i can go through
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: August 7th
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: None
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Hyderabad and No
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I want speakers.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
This should be simple, let's see

AMD Athlon II X4 635 - 5.1k
Biostar TA 785G3 HD - 4.1k/Gigabyte MA GMT US2H - 4.4k
Kingston 2GB DDR3 2GB - 2.5k
Seagate 500GB HDD - 2.k
DVD RW (you choose the brand) - 1k
Zebronics Bijli - 1.5k
benQ 20" monitor - 6k
Logitech Internet Combo - .6k
Altech Lansing BXR 1221 - .9k

Total 24k/24.3k

You could get a UPS with the remaining money. Just incase you want to get better speakers, you could get AMD Athlon II X3 435 for 3.5k. For 2k that you'll have for the speaker, you can get very good quality speaker from logitech or AL. Tell me if you need any clarifications on this

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Browsing, chatting, watching movies, songs, Office software.

For this kind of work a Athlon II X2 - 240 @ 2.8 GHz is more than enough - it's around 2.8k

The rest is : ( moded cool buddy's suggestion :p )

Athlon II X2 - 240 @ 2.8 GHz @ 2.8k
Biostar TA 785G3 HD - 4.1k
Transcend/Kingston 2GB DDR3 2GB - 2.3k
Seagate 500GB HDD - 2.k
LG DVD RW - 1k
Zebronics Bijli - 1.1k ( without PSU )
benQ 20" monitor - 6k
Logitech Internet Combo - 0.6k
Altech Lansing BXR 1221 - 1.1k
APC 550VA UPS @ 2k
FSP SAGA II 400W PSU - 2k ( as the cabinet has PSu mounting section on the top the PSU will work :p )

Total 25 k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If X3 is available, it's better to get it coz the price difference is just 600-700 as compared to X2. The extra processing power will come in handy in future.
Also if graphics card is not required, op may go with inbuilt PSU of Zeb Bijli or FSP saga II 350W for 1.5k. Both these changes will fit in with topgear's suggestion

rajan1311

Padawan
well i know how much you all hate cheap PSUs, but an FSP 400W is an overkill for this, his PC will draw very little power, he could use that money for more memory or a bigger monitor, 22" ones cost some Rs7.5k right?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
it's good to see that suggestion coming from someone who owns a Corsair VX550. Yes, inbuilt PSU of Bijli will be enough for this config, they aren't that bad either. But it's OP's choice.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Cool Buddy - a x3 is a good buy indeed but I've suggested the very best things that will suit OP's needd and budget perfectly.

@ rajan1311 - a cheap PSU may run op's rig but it's better to invest in a good PSU for the long run and to be in the safe side and with a good PSU future upgrades will be more easier.

Top Bottom