New PC Config

OP
C

Carbon

Broken In
.--=pro[X]YCON=--.;1286735 said:
@ carbon : Hey ! Saw your post! I stay in mangalore and was planning to get my pc assembled in Bangalore. Can you tell me the shop you are purchasing/ordering items from? will be a great help! Thanks in advance :)

Hi, i'm planning to buy by this month end... will let you know after i figure out who's having all the peripherals and can assemble it perfectly...

OP
C

Carbon

Broken In
[CONFIRMED] :-D
GSKILL Ripjaws Series 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH @ 6.2k
Razer DeathAdder @ 2.3k
Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Control Edition @ 1.1k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 3k
LG 22x DVD RW @ 1.1k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
ASUS Xonar DX @ 4.5k
Razer Arctosa @ 2.4k
Cooler Master HAF 922 @ 6.6k

[NOT DECIDED]
Mobo
Proccy
Graphy :-D

was planning to buy X4 965/880 GMA/GTX 460 combo... but now with new proccy/Mobo/graphy about to get released, i'm in a fix...

my budget is 25k for the big three... what do you guys advise... should i wait... if yes, then for how many months ? :cry:

abirthedevil

In the zone
well intel proccies launch next month or so but availability in india will take its time and amd bulldozer is some months off, if you wait for for the new launches you are a fair few months from buying ur pc, i myself am waiting for bulldozer launch to get my new rig, wish time machines really existed .......

OP
C

Carbon

Broken In
[CONFIRMED]
GSkill Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXM - 4k :?:
Seagate 1 TB Internal - 2.7k
CM HAF 922 - 6.4k
Corsair VX 550 - 5k

[WILL_USE_EXISTING_FOR_NOW]
TVS Gold - 1.4k
Razer Death Adder - 2.3k
Razer Goliathus - 1k

[NOT-CONFIRMED]
Intel Sandy Bridge 2500K - 12k :?:
ASUS P8P67 Pro/Sabertooth - 11.5 k/12.5k
HIS HD 6850 - 11k

my budget is 40k excluding Graphy...
hows the config guys... any suggestions... will get by Feb end...

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
If you aren't going to OC then why the 2500K? Get 2400 for 9.5k
ASUS P8P67 Pro > Sabertooth P67 (IMO)
GSkill Ripjaws X 4GB kit is for 2.9k

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
If you are still planning of buying a 5770, then just let me know, i have got one, just 5 months old & planning to sell it off by 6-7k. I too stay in b'lore. But the prices what ever or whoever have given you is not just correct.

Piyush

Lanaya
25k for gfx card,proccy and mobo will lead u for 2 options

get a good proccy and medium performer gfx card
or
get a medium performer proccy and better performer gfx card

I'll suggest u to go for 1st option with mobo compatible for multi gpu setup
so that u can Xfire/SLI in future

OP
C

Carbon

Broken In
I am inclined towards the 2500k... can anyone confirm the prices of P8P67 Pro(12k) and Sabertooth(donno)...

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
actually ASUS P8P67 @ 10.5k is more than sufficient. those costlier ones will give you some useless new features and no performance gains!!

and another thing 2500k is not needed at all as ishu mentioned. you wont oc.!! i5 2400 @ 9.5k performs better than i7 950 and this is more than sufficient.

OP
C

Carbon

Broken In
Guys... read my last but one post... total funds available in my treasury is 40k... not including graphy... was planning to buy it next month... now with the moby issues... guess will have to wait for another 3 months...

@Jas... i might overclock 2 yrs down the line... so that's why i mentioned 2500k...

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Carbon
Sandybridge is having problems with their motherboards. So you either have to wait a little (maybe upto 3months) or you'll have to go with older gen CPUs.

The problem is something to do with SATA2 ports. You can use SATA3 ports but waiting will be better.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ It won't be that long. Max until late march or early april, we can see revision B chipsets. Intel will fix the existing boards that were sold. Here is quote from our forum member Mukherjee : "Went to MD Comp today. Had a talk with Mr.Pradeep and the Intel Kolkata guy,Arif. He confirmed that all P/H 67 sales have been stopped and not to buy till new stocks come. That will be in late March or April. Maybe the new PCH will be known as Revision B "

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I was saying one week but others were saying 3 months so I thought I would say 3months.

Anyway, acc to anandtech, Intel says that revised mobos will arrive by the end of Feb.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
will start shipping in end of february. so for shopkeepers to have it in stock, take it to be March 2nd-3rd week. may get late also but should be in march.

OP
C

Carbon

Broken In
so wait for 2 months....:x hmm...:-(

guys... one more query... when will z68 come out.. and what will be the prices... ?

Last edited:
OP
C

Carbon

Broken In
Intel Core i5 2500 10.5k
G.Skill Ripjaws X 4GB 2.5k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2.7k
Corsair VX 450 3.5k
Razer Cyclosa Bundle 2k
NZXT Tempest EVO 5.5k
Monitor EXISTING
Speaker EXISTING
UPS EXISTING
DVD Writer EXISTING

Motherboard
either P8H67-M EVO or P8H67-M PRO (must have an IDE connector)
and is the additional bucks on EVO worth spending ?

Corsair SSD 60 GB

Is this fine ? i dont install more than 1 game at a time and will be using XP SP3 only.

Please advise guys.Will be visiting SP Road tomorrow

Supernatural

Broken In
Are you sure you need a dedicated sound card? Which speakers do you have. And have a look at cooler master elite 430 cabinet

Agree
430 is A very good cab that can adjust long graphic cards
But if you are applying SLI or crossfire, the thermals are going high
Otherwise it is a good cab around 2-3k

Top Bottom