New PC Build- Help

krishnanattukal

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Not a gaming pc. For General Home Use like internet browsing and Productivity application. And for School project work, and DTP for personal use.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25k-30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7 or 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No , already have one . Resolution 1280 x 1024 , Model samsung syncmaster 740N

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:DVD Writer. and SMPS , I have one Intex 400w , Cabinet, Keyboard, Mouse
(I need Motherboard , Processor, Memory and Hard disk Only)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 10 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:yes, I myself built the previous one

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Trivandrum. Kerala. locally or online- where ever is lowest deal available

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I planned for the following configuration

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Processor - Core i5- 3470
Memory - Transcend JetRam DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLH-4G)
Hard disk- Seagate Barracuda 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM002)

Please suggest , if this is good or any better option. Also request you to give the cheapest and reliable online shop.
Thanking you
Krishnan

Cilus

laborare est orare
I suggest you to get an AMD Trinity APU based system which is more suitable for your budget. The capability of the CPU is enough to provide smooth experience with all your needs and the Integrated Graphics (IGP) performance is equivalent to a 4K discrete Graphics card which will offer better multimedia experience.
AMD A10 5800K @ 8K
ASUS F2A85-M-LE MOTHERBOARD @ 5.7K
Corsair Vengeance 8GB X 1 1600 MHz CL10 DDR3 @ 2.7K
Integrated DirectX 11 Class HD 7660D Graphics
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 6 Gbps HDD @ 3.4K

Now regarding PSU, the local 400W PSUs are basically 250W PSU and can't deliver proper power output when the system is in full load. Also their quality degrade rapidly with time and since you're gonna use the old one, I really doubt about the quality of it. The IGP HD 7660D is as powerful as a dedicated HD 6570 DDR3 graphics card and you can play all the latest games at the resolution of yours. So consider it as an additional benefit.
So my suggestion is to get a PSU like Corsair VS450 at 2.2K.

OP
K

krishnanattukal

Right off the assembly line
:wink:Thanks for your valuable reply. But I am slightly inclined to Intel processors. I particularly want to know which motherboard is best suited for my budget. Is the one which I selected is good one? or anything else is available with the comparable price and configuration??

As you doubt , Yes, My SMPS is very old one. So I do not take risk and I will change the smps also. Can you suggest some good SMPS around 1k ?

Thanks in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sadly there isn't any good PSU available within 1K. You can get the Antec BP300P PSU at 1.7K. Here is the link: Antec BP 300P Gaming PSU Price India, Buy Antec Power Supply Units Accessories Online - Infibeam.com

If you are inclined towards Intel Processor then the Processor + Motherboard combo you've chosen is fine. But i5 3470 comes with IGP HD 2500 which is very weak. So don't expect any multimedia performance apart from watching HD Movies.

Top Bottom