New PC @60k

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^But what's the point in spending money on an OC'able AMD which cannot match the performance of the stock i5, even when OC'ed to its full potential? If it were the 2500k I would've agreed with you. Correct me if I'm wrong.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
basically at 1080P reso..gaming performance will only be restricted by the GPU..a qudcore AMD or Intel will have no difference...

besides a 990Fx has more connectivity options..which Intel never bothers to look into..

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Sumon - you have a point there @1080p AMD or Intel wont make a difference but Intel SNB has a much higher IPC than any AMD CPU out there hence it will perform in all kind of apps while AMD will perform only in 6 threaded scenario's(PIIX6) or 8 threaded integer core stressing scenarios for FX-8100... and there are not many 6or8 threaded apps out there....

Intel SNB doesn't have so many if's or but's it just performs in every damn application plus its more overclockable too....!!!!!!! ;)

@Connectivity - any decent Z68 board has enuf options!!!!....

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
basically everything ranging from the no of SATA III ports to usb options...when i comapred my P8Z68 Deluxe with cross-hair V i was like WTF? this thing costs 18K and only Four sata III controller? and the supposedly weak board gave all 6 sata III ports..@ 15k..i mean where does it put Intel on VFM standings?
the usb 3 options are also similar 4 in intel vs 6 in amd.
the only reason am suggesting amd here is coz if OP has oc potential he can OC if he feels his rig is slow a year or two down the line...but wth Intel his only option would be upgrade or GTFO :p

@Connectivity - any decent Z68 board has enuf options!!!!....

i beg to differ...look at my comparison :p
but at the end of day its on the OP...
AM3+ gonna stay for two yrs at least...but 1155? dont think so...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with Sumon on this. 990FX is a much better platform (not to mention better priced) compared to Z68. If only, AMD released a CPU with consistent performance. There's too many ifs and buts with BD.

However, I don't think AM3+ is going to survive beyond Piledriver.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
sumon - Dude very few people use 4 HDDs let alone 6!!!!!!! same goes for usb3.0!!!! It will be good to have 6 USB3.0/SATAIII but if you have 4 then also its not so bad on the other hand IPC of FX will make you kill yourself.

@AM3+ is gng to be around for 2 years - Still 2 years down the line latest AMD CPU wont be able to compete with SNB.

Yeah ofcourse its the OPs decision finally.... :) AMD really screwed with FX.. :(

P.S. Yeah as a platform 990FX is not so bad, I too have to agree!

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Skud - Well, you can always buy a controller for that while reflecting on your storage requirements and why you need more than 4HDD's!! :O

Sumon - Me too bro! Me too!!! :(

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
A nice discussion was going on! :razz:
BUT, still i'm going for i5-2400.

A few days back i was playing Crysis: Warhead on a C2D and 8600GS. :p
I think, i can survive with i5-2400 for 4years. (till i get a job) :mrgreen:

**I'm going to Chadni tomorrow. I'll buy the MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE and upgrade graphics card after a few months.
I need to hunt for Edifier C2.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really can't recommend you AMD CPU from the heart, until at least Trinity is not out. Just read a review of FX6200, AMD's fastest clocked BD (3.8 norm, 4.1 turbo). Nothing's changed, nor that I was expecting. It will be too high a risk to pin on Piledriver.

But if you want to live with your CPU for 4 years without upgrade, get an unlocked/overclockable one.

Skud - Well, you can always buy a controller for that while reflecting on your storage requirements and why you need more than 4HDD's!! :O

Sumon - Me too bro! Me too!!! :(

Yeah, Hitachi has just released 4TB HDDs. 4 of these will be good to go. :lol:

In any case, I think a USB 3.0 dock will be better (like the Sedna one available from PrimeABGB) if you can store the HDDs properly and safely. Windows will be happy and quick to boot up with just a couple of drives.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

SORRY brothers. I couldn't update this thread after i bought the rig. BSNL messed up! :cry:
This is what i bought:
(from M.D)
Intel i5-2400 @ 9950
ASUS P8H77-M @ 8000
G.skill RipjawsX 12800CL9D-8GBXL @ 3075
Cooler Master Elite 431 (side panel) @ 2900
Dell ST2220L @ 8269
Corsair GS600 @ 3800
Seagate 1TB GoFlex @ 6125
Dlink DSL-2730U @1850
APC 1.1 kVA @ 4700
Logitech MK200 @ 625
MSI HD6850 Cyclone PE @ 8600
Edifier C2 @ 3750
+4% vat

(from Vedant)
Seagate 1Tb 7200rpm @ 5150 (all)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Just one question: Will you get any advantage like gettig more number of SATA or USB ports or PCI-E lanes if you plug a Sandybridge processor into a Ivybridge Motherboard?

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Just one question: Will you get any advantage like gettig more number of SATA or USB ports or PCI-E lanes if you plug a Sandybridge processor into a Ivybridge Motherboard?

P8H67-V wasn't available. I know that there will be no advantage using a H77 mobo with sandy bridge, still i bought it. Maybe in future i might buy a Ivy. :|

Top Bottom