New PC @60k

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
There is a 560ti hawk for sale at E @13K.
Just discuss and you may get that @12K

Last edited:
OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
You can forget about OCing with the i5 2400 . ;)

yes that's precisely my hesitation! I'm just a student and don't earn yet, and i don't want to indulge in overclocking luxury [i5-2500k or 17-2600k] with my dad's money. [that's after i get a job!]

so, i'm left with Intel i5-2400 @10k [coupled with ASUS P8H67-V @7k]. But, Phenom II X6 1090T is available at 8.2k [coupled with ASUS M5A97 Evo @8k]!
That sums up to 17k approx. for both Intel and AMD build, moreover AMD lets me overclock it. But, i'm CONFUSED with overall performance!! :pullhair::wah::hissyfit::banghead::duh2:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
yes that's precisely my hesitation! I'm just a student and don't earn yet, and i don't want to indulge in overclocking luxury [i5-2500k or 17-2600k] with my dad's money. [that's after i get a job!]

so, i'm left with Intel i5-2400 @10k [coupled with ASUS P8H67-V @7k]. But, Phenom II X6 1090T is available at 8.2k [coupled with ASUS M5A97 Evo @8k]!
That sums up to 17k approx. for both Intel and AMD build, moreover AMD lets me overclock it. But, i'm CONFUSED with overall performance!! :pullhair::wah::hissyfit::banghead::duh2:

simple decision.
Go with AMD config.
1090T ~= i5 2400

price of 1090T is 7.8K @kolkata, not 8.2K

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would rather say always get a good board, you never know when you will be bitten by the upgrade bug. ;)

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
IMO get i5 2400/2500 + Intel DH67CL + MSI GTX 560Ti.

The only advantage I see in 1090T is that it has 2 more cores. AFAIK even the OC'ed 1090T will not match the performance of an i5 2400. For OC'ing the former you'll need an expensive motherboard, a decent after-market cooler, a cabinet with good airflow etc. For the i5 you can forget all these stuff and get killer performance at stock speeds.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

How much budget you are left with for the mobo?

this

I would rather say always get a good board, you never know when you will be bitten by the upgrade bug. ;)

not a chance! i may sli in future, and add sound card or ssd, that's it! :D

I will say consider i5 2400+good H67 board over amd 1090T

CONSIDERED! :razz::mrgreen:

The only advantage I see in 1090T is that it has 2 more cores. AFAIK even the OC'ed 1090T will not match the performance of an i5 2400. For OC'ing the former you'll need an expensive motherboard, a decent after-market cooler, a cabinet with good airflow etc. For the i5 you can forget all these stuff and get killer performance at stock speeds.

Yesh! That is what stopping me from buying AMD! I'm inclined to take the Intel route! :p

this board supports virtu! :-o

Yes this would be good. Better for gaming and also would save you some money.

So, Intel i5-2400 it is i'm going for! :D

I need Headphones and Speaker!

Any help with this, please buddies! :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, damn typo.

OK, if no upgrade plan for CPU in future, H67 should suffice.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Yeah, damn typo.

OK, if no upgrade plan for CPU in future, H67 should suffice.

i'll upgrade only graphics card in future! And after i get a job, then i'll do a full upgrade. I hope that i5-2400 will suffice my needs for 4yrs, ain't it bro??

I found EDIFIER speakers on snapdeal.com!

PLEASE SUGGEST ME A 2.1 Speaker!

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Thumbs up to that suggestion Skud. A-520 is a great buy for that price. Lacks a wired remote though but the rest is simply awesome.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
HMM...looks like everyone took care of it for me :p
BUT..if yer low on money and want a Good GPU..i say get a PII X6+990FX+any amount of ram+560Ti

EDIT: plz don't go for a 2400...plz..am begging you :p

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

BUT..if yer low on money and want a Good GPU..i say get a PII X6+990FX+any amount of ram+560Ti

EDIT: plz don't go for a 2400...plz..am begging you :p

can you please elaborate bro???

What about F&D models, like the A-520s?

thank you for the suggestion buddy. i will definitely check it out! :D

I ditched my overclocking plans. :evil:
I just want good stock performance now. :oops:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
why are you ditching the plans to OC?
get something that has some potential for OCing..that's why i said not to go for 2400 or any locked multi sandybridge processor..

Top Bottom