New PC -25k or below -suggestion needed

Rajesh345

Youngling
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Movies watching , visualization , Visual studio , Gaming ,

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:25k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Nop , but core-unlocker mayb

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win7 64

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:Not needed

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:Dont have , pref 21 , HD res

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:y

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:2-3 days

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: y

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:H.Disk, DVD drive ,SMPS

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Kerala

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
atlest 4 memory slots in MB
coreunlocker feature in MB

using gfx card so onboad good gfx is not needed, will b using HD 5750

based on my budget and usage i choosed following , please advice ie if i can get better products than i alrdy choosed for 25k or less

[Price mentioned is quoted from TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!TheITwares Ecommerce website ,

prefer online buying -shiping for monitor and cabnet is around 1k so need to chk if any nearby seller's have those parts ]

*i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc504/romepp/config.jpg

Processor -choosen phenom IIX4cause better performance than Athlon II X4
+ chance to unlock extra core

thanks

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
the config of the picture is good..go ahead with that..but fsp have short cable and creates problem for bottom mounted cabinets so either get elite 310 or you need to buy cable extensions!!

do you need speakers, ups, keyboard, mouse??

phenom II X4 is better than athlon II X4 but afaik X4s does not have core unlocking option..that's for X2s and X3s..isn't it??

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
the config of the picture is good..go ahead with that..but fsp have short cable and creates problem for bottom mounted cabinets so either get elite 310 or you need to buy cable extensions!!

do you need speakers, ups, keyboard, mouse??

thank u for fast reply

this is my SMPS

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply - TheITWares

gamma looked nice with cable management and extra fan support :|

yes i do need keyboard and mouse , i dont need expensive gaming keyboard and mouse , just a cheap good quality keyboard and mouse
wired or wireless [dont have good knowledge abt wireless mouse and keyboard ], i dont want to replace /recharge keyboad battery daily :???:
dont need speaker , UPS

edit

Code:
phenom II X4 is better than athlon II X4 but afaik X4s does not have core unlocking option..that's for X2s and X3s..isn't it??
since IIX4 phenom doesn't have locked core i go with GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard instead m this 1 is cheaper + use Realtrek audio instead of VIA audio (ASUS M4A88T-M AM3)

thank u

Last edited:

masterkd

Padawan
for keyboard and mouse get logitech deluxe 250 combo @650

as i mentioned fsp have short cables and ~2k gamma is the best..so you can get extension cables..ask jaskanwar singh about that..he knows it better!!

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
for keyboard and mouse get logitech deluxe 250 combo @650

as i mentioned fsp have short cables and ~2k gamma is the best..so you can get extension cables..ask jaskanwar singh about that..he knows it better!!

will i b able to get USB 3 and Sata III M.B in my price range?[4.5k or around]

or atlest sata III and usb2

or how much does the cheapest Sata III M.B costs?

thank u again

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^a Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H or Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H for SATA 3 and USB3.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

and get a corsair cx400w.

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
^a Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H or Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H for SATA 3 and USB3.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

and get a corsair cx400w.

thank u for suggestion , let me chk if any online retailers selling those M.B

abt SMPS - i stick with current x.x its a new 1 :| dont want to buy new smps again

thank u again

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

i got all those info's from this forum , thank u all for that

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
Which cabinet u will get?

since for gamma cable length of FSP saga is a problem only option for me is

Coolermaster elite 310 i think

1 more question i seen u suggesting "Monitor Benq G2220HD 7300" on another thread , benq

should i replace monitor shown on 1st post with 2220 HD

is there great diff b/w Benq G2220HD 22’’ Wide Screen TFT LCD and

BenQ G2222HDL LED Monitor 21.5 inch (1080i/1080p) TFT LCD 1000:1 250cd/m2 1920 x 1080 5ms D-sub/DVI-D

thank u

edit the one u suggested have bigger screen + Lower price, i replace my selection with yours , ty again

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yes get the cm elite 310.
about monitor if you can get DELL ST2220L for 8.5k it will be good. otherwise get Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
ty all for suggestions , but now need advice on UPS [dont know W requirements

but

I dont need Long backup , just need some time to save files & shutdown pc , when doing Virtulization , games , other cpu intensive task's

Pls recommend UPS , its estimate price, ~ backup time

thank u all vm [

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
ordered in ITware 2 days ago still no reply saying if they have all those products available or not

when emailed them again they said they will rply yesterday afternoon >.> , i sended email again to them yesterday evening no reply till now

edit - it was cause not avaliblity of M.B mentioned in that order , sorted out ,ty

Last time when i buyed SMPS from ITwares it was fast, after ordered they replied in 2 hour >made>payment> got product delevered , packing was excellent , but this time they not even replying to emails >.>

Last edited:

vinayan

Broken In
If you are going with FSP and CM Elite 310(very nice cabinet indeed), ensure that the DVD drive is not mounted in the topmost slot..also put HDD at the topmost HDD bay to compensate the short cables in FSP saga..

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
If you are going with FSP and CM Elite 310(very nice cabinet indeed), ensure that the DVD drive is not mounted in the topmost slot..also put HDD at the topmost HDD bay to compensate the short cables in FSP saga..

thank u for advice , will i b having problem if using multiple H.D's? [will b using 2 H.D min [SATA] once i get the case + 1 Pata DVD RW )

pic got from google*photos.pcpro.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_PC_Pro/dir_281/it_photo_140998_52.jpg

should i get 2x extra 120mm fan ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom