New motherboard and processor in 25k

badass708

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Decent gaming like Skyrim, GTA 5, black ops 2 etc. Hardcore Rendering and 3D modeling in ProE, SolidWorks and KeyShot4

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, In future

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Following is my current config. I only want to replace Processor and Motherboard

i3-2120
intel DH61WW

4 GB transcend
Seagate 1TB
Zotac GTX660
Corsair GS 600
NZXT tempest elite

6. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: July end

7. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally
Ans: Pune, will buy from Havok Nation

I had i5-3570k and gigabyte b75m d3h in mind but I am open for all suggestions.

rabjabber

Journeyman
going for third generation processor is a bad idea. because after that you won't be able to upgrade without changing your motherboard
so there is
i5 4670k which is overclockable.
it is 17k at flipkart and you should get it for about 15k locally.

now the motherboard. if you want a multi - gpu setup i would reccomend
ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard
it is for 12 k on flipkart should be 10.5 k locally

now your setup would cost you 30k from flipkart but don't forget that local prices are cheaper, and you should get this for 26k

but if you don't want multi gpu
ASRock Z87 Pro3 Motherboard is a good option at 9k from flipkart.

this will bring your cost down to 27k from flipkart and hopefully 25k locally

ankush28

Bazinga
I had i5-3570k and gigabyte b75m d3h in mind but I am open for all suggestions.

waste of money
b75 chipset does not allow Overclocking so forget about this

now my suggetion as you need heavy cpuintensive works and gaming too
FX 8350 ~ 11.5k
Asus M5a97 evo r2.0 ~ 8.5k
or 990fx ~ 10k
save rest money or buy 4GB more ram you will need it surely :)
edit:-
Add CM hyper evo 212+ -2.2k if you want high OCing ;)
after you OC it to 4.3-4.5GHz it can beat any i5 easily

Last edited:
waste of money

FX 8350 ~ 11.5k
or 990fx ~ 10k

+1 for this. M5A97 EVO r2.0 will provide basic overclocking support. Also, get CM Hyper 212 evo cooler.

OP
B

badass708

Broken In
waste of money

FX 8350 ~ 11.5k
or 990fx ~ 10k

which 990fx chipset? MSI 990FX-GD65 or Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5? or any other

OP
B

badass708

Broken In
waste of money

FX 8350 ~ 11.5k
or 990fx ~ 10k

which 990fx? asus? gigabyte? MSI? Asrock?

OP
B

badass708

Broken In
ok so my guy gave me two offers yesterday

i7-2600k and asus z68 v pro, for 23k
fx 8350 and 990 fx for 22.6k

which one sounds better?

any inputs? @Clius @ankush28 @harshilsharma63

Cilus

laborare est orare
Booked FX8350 and Asus FX990 sabertooth for 25k. Thanks all for suggestions.

Congratulation bro. Now one piece of advise, if possible get a 3K CPU cooler. Both the CPU and Motherboard you have ordered are actually built for overclocking and if you aren't doing it then that will be complete wastage. Overclocking with FX series is real easy, even there are so many Windows based applications available like AMD Overdrive, ASUS AI suite (comes with your Motherboard DVD) which will enable you medium overclocking even without touching the BIOS.

d3p

PowerHouse
^ Regarding CPU Cooler, OP can grab either Deepcool Ice Blade Pro or Deepcool Frostwin from Flipkart or local stores below 3k.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Nice piece of suggestion. BTW, D3p, have you started playing with your brother's FX-8350? Also, one thing I also want to share here as OP is getting an FX-8350. During my testing of performance tweaking of FX series processors (for some time, I had both FX-8150 and FX-8350) using various tools to overcome Windows 7 poor thread scheduling, I found out some interesting things.:-

Park Control: It basically also known as Core parking and is an algorthim using which Operating System manage the usage and power consumption of the CPU cores. It disables or lower the speed of some of the cores while increasing the speed of some other cores depending upon the Core usage. Since Windows 7 does not understand AMD's Module based architecture properly, it increase or decrease the speed of cores wrongly in most times. You can use a tool called ParkControl-CPU parking to disable core parking at run time and no reboot is needed. It enables all the cores to be active, resulting performance improvement, sometimes pretty big in some benchmarks and CPU intensive applications. So while playing games or doing some video Encoding, you can use the tool to disable the Core parking before starting the application and then trun if off once it is done. download it from here: Disable CPU Core Parking Real-Time - No Reboot
You will also get the guide to use it.

AMD fusion Utility for Desktop: It is not available in AMD site anymore for FX series and available only for APU. But plenty of other sites are hosting it. Just download it and run it in background. You can also select difference power profiles from this application instead of Control panel. Run the application, select High Performance Mode from the available power profiles within this app and then start your application, letting the Fusion utility to run on background. You will be surprised to see some improvement. Try it with AIDA64 benchmark and you can see it visually. How this thing happens, will explain sometimes.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Nice piece of suggestion. BTW, D3p, have you started playing with your brother's FX-8350? Also, one thing I also want to share here as OP is getting an FX-8350. During my testing of performance tweaking of FX series processors (for some time, I had both FX-8150 and FX-8350) using various tools to overcome Windows 7 poor thread scheduling, I found out some interesting things.:-

Park Control: It basically also known as Core parking and is an algorthim using which Operating System manage the usage and power consumption of the CPU cores. It disables or lower the speed of some of the cores while increasing the speed of some other cores depending upon the Core usage. Since Windows 7 does not understand AMD's Module based architecture properly, it increase or decrease the speed of cores wrongly in most times. You can use a tool called ParkControl-CPU parking to disable core parking at run time and no reboot is needed. It enables all the cores to be active, resulting performance improvement, sometimes pretty big in some benchmarks and CPU intensive applications. So while playing games or doing some video Encoding, you can use the tool to disable the Core parking before starting the application and then trun if off once it is done. download it from here: Disable CPU Core Parking Real-Time - No Reboot
You will also get the guide to use it.

AMD fusion Utility for Desktop: It is not available in AMD site anymore for FX series and available only for APU. But plenty of other sites are hosting it. Just download it and run it in background. You can also select difference power profiles from this application instead of Control panel. Run the application, select High Performance Mode from the available power profiles within this app and then start your application, letting the Fusion utility to run on background. You will be surprised to see some improvement. Try it with AIDA64 benchmark and you can see it visually. How this thing happens, will explain sometimes.

can park control be tried on any intel platforms? Is there any harm in doing so? will the power consumption be too large?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes it can, but it is more effective with HT enabled Intel Processors, i7 and i3. For i5, you won't see much difference. There is no harm, but power consumption will increase a bit.

Top Bottom