New Mobile suggestion required

Soumik

Padawan
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a new phone that will work with T Mobile 3G frequencies. I have a free 3G data plan, but my Defy can only pick up the edge connection, cause it doesnt support the 1700/2100 frequency. Also,
I'm in a new place, so need maps a lot to navigate around. And somehow my Defy keeps crashing with a lot of stuff running in the backgroud. Its back to stock rom, but i have seen it having issues with Maps even in rooted state.
So... to overcome these, I want to get a new phone, but not something too costly, cause i really dont find anything that attractive as of now.

1. Budget - Lower end with my requirements (In general, around or below 450usd)
2. Display type and size - As large as possible. (I had no/very little problem in handling anything other than Note in one hand. In fact I felt 4.5-4.7 - HTC One X size, perfect for me :p)
3. Form Factor - Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand - None
5. Preferred input method - Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want - With Flash, back and front cam.
7. Preferred operating system - Android preferrably... open to others
8. Preferred connectivity options - T Mobile 3G and/or 4G options preferrable
9. Preferred applications - GPS with maps and navigation, multitasked with email, social apps, market, skype, browser, etc.
10. Primary use of handset - Internet, Navigation, Mails, Docs, Multimedia, Camera, Gaming (In order of preferrance, but all are important)
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration - T989 Galaxy SII, HTC One S so far.
12. Any other info that you want to share - In addition to the initial info, I would like to say that i would be using this as a personal laptop replacement for a couple of months at least, till i get enough money to buy a new gaming laptop. ;)

I can wait till.. may be a couple of weeks or so before buying it.

Hi... Any suggestions?
One more thing. How much imferior is t989 to i9100? I mean.. Does it lag or something? Its got the same chipset as sensation xe, with slightly more ram and slightly lesser resolution on a slightly larger screen... :)

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
thanks for the suggestion... its not really what i needed, but thanks for the reply... :)

Chk my budget... both one x and s3 are north of 600usd... that is 30K rupees.
I needed something within and around 25K.

The catch is... i am looking for carrier versions... not the international versions of the devices we get in India. I have already on an unlimited 3G plan, which i can only use with a T Mobile handset. The best ones are T989, One S 16Gb and T999 in reverse order.

But i might go for a contract anyways.. so leave the T Mobile part. Just let me know which is the best device to get right now. For me.. nothing seemed too decicively good. Btw... top carrier contract devices means all are either Qualcomm S3(Galaxy SII, Sensation, Sensation XE, Amaze, Note, Xperia Ion, etc) or S4(SIII, One S, One X.. nothing else as of now I guess), or TI OMAP 4(Galaxy Nexus, Droid Razr, Razr Maxx etc).

Let me know which ones i should consider, and i'll go chk them out.
I chkecked out T989 and T999 side by side... the famed SII and SIII, just with different chipsets than the ones they came out with. The S4 had a very clear advantage over the S3. Though The SII was far better in design and asthetics,with a very similar sized screen, performance of the SIII was enough to make me keep the SII aside and stop the comparision then and there. :p But, it all will depend on price... I get SII for 99usd with a 2 yr contract.. while SIII will take me aback 230usd and similar commitment!!!

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@randomuser - Ok... Will chk the phones.
@aroraanant - one s is 199 usd with contract... Y not pay 30 usd extra n get s3? Its got a lot of addons extra over one s, performance being almost identical...

Top Bottom