New Micro 4/3 lens suggestion

sujoyp

Grand Master
soumik it seems u r liking that forum....its a good photography forum...and it keeps u updated :)

But I love our digit forum too ;)

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
:D yeah..
i would have got the lens by now.. but for its poor availability. Its out of stock in most places. :( Amazon has it in stock but sells it for 100usd more !! :mad:

sujoyp

Grand Master
but if u keep on waiting like this...u will end up purchasing it in black friday sale or Christmas sale :D

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
hahaha.. wish i could. i dont wanna wait till that time man. Am going to yellowstone this month end.. and want to take this lens with me :)
Another thing to note is that the lens is pretty old. And Photkina is coming up next month. I think the next gen lenses are probably gonna be revealed there, discontinuing the the old ones. So i might not get it at all later :(.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Hi...
Ya I finally got the lens for USD360 about a month back. And am pretty happy with it so far. :)

I went to the geysers areas. No where near any mountain, but the temps were pretty low still (-2 to -4 C at night :wink:).
The 20 mm served well, though i found myself scrambling for the 40-150mm lens often while spotting wildlife and far off hotspots, then switching back to the 20mm for the nature shots. The usual kit lens was relegated to the depths of my back pack. There were wide salt basins, and valleys where ppl with Canon 10-22mm dslr lens were better equipped. But i got the memories somehow with my mobile cam's panorama mode. :p
I visited a couple of museums after that, where flash photography wasnt allowed. The fast lens came in very handy there. I will post a few pics as soon. I am reluctant to put any more personal pics on my office laptop. Its a one way ticket. Dont have any way to taking it out later. :( So am waiting for my own laptop to arrive in a month's time.

Last edited:
OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thanks nac and sujoyp :D
Will upload a few pics as soon as i get my new laptop or buy a new memory card (old ones are full now):p

Top Bottom