New Lenovo. Zero Brightness

rixon.d9

Journeyman
I bought a new lenovo G580, Just started up and was tinkering with settings and set brightness to minimum. now I cannot see anything. please help Urgently

clmlbx

Technomancer
check manual to see exact keys to change brightness and do that accordingly..(yes blindly)

else there must be something like auto adjust option press that..

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
I have a password set. and I just restred laptop.Now I dont know which screen i'm on.
Any hard reset button ? Hw to get into Bios ?

I gt into Bios but I could nt factory reset

sam142000

Journeyman
I have a password set. and I just restred laptop.Now I dont know which screen i'm on.
Any hard reset button ? Hw to get into Bios ?

I gt into Bios but I could nt factory reset
In case of WINDOWS 7
After booting in to windows, press the windows button and type "system restore" and keep pressing 'Enter' with a gap of 5-10 seconds around 4-5 times. It should do the trick. BUT YOU MIGHT LOSE SOME RECENTLY INSTALLED SOFTWARES.

In other case
insert the windows installation disk, boot into it and check for a recovery partition. If you do have that, then do a system recovery from it. Else you'll have to install windows from scratch.

p.s. I'm not able to believe that you are not able to see your screen at lowest brightness. In all the laptops I've seen, even at lowest brightness you can view the screen quite comfortably.

Last edited:
OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Yeah I was shocked to see that happen. Just a blank screen. Unfortunately there is no optical recovery disc.
However there is a key called FN, So I could set brightnes using FN and Brightness key on keyboard. Its like Ctrl+ Brightness.

sam142000

Journeyman
Yeah I was shocked to see that happen. Just a blank screen. Unfortunately there is no optical recovery disc.
However there is a key called FN, So I could set brightnes using FN and Brightness key on keyboard. Its like Ctrl+ Brightness.

Yeah, I didnt know you would have that key.
If you can post a pic of your keyboard, I can tell you the exact key combination for increasing brightness.

OP
R

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Yeah, I didnt know you would have that key.
If you can post a pic of your keyboard, I can tell you the exact key combination for increasing brightness.

Well I already figured it.
One more thing, The escape key just came out of the Keyboard ! I could just put it back as before . Is this a defect or Lenovo has easy detachable keys ?
Should I take it to service ? In which case i'm afraid i'll get scratches or should I ask for replacement. Laptop is 2days Old :( :(

sam142000

Journeyman
Well I already figured it.
One more thing, The escape key just came out of the Keyboard ! I could just put it back as before . Is this a defect or Lenovo has easy detachable keys ?
Should I take it to service ? In which case i'm afraid i'll get scratches or should I ask for replacement. Laptop is 2days Old :( :(

AFAIK laptops don't come with detachable keys. Take it to the service center, they should probably replace it.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
I am using a G580 model.Keys are perfectly fine with my laptop.
Contact with their service center,if the keys are that bad,ask for replacement.

Top Bottom