new internet connection for 3 months

avtar2008

Broken In
as my college semester is over and i will be at home for next 3 months, i am looking for a temporary internet connection for 3 months.

After some googling and research, i am confused among following options:
1. Bsnl evdo @3.1 mbps, rs750 unlimited(no fup), initial cost will be rs1500.
2. Bsnl wimax: they are providing unlimited 512kbps for rs750 and device cost 1500.

Many people,on various other sites, reported problem with EVDO and getting slow speed.
On other hand,wimax have got positive reviews from everybody.

I am not going for wired broadband because they took about 10 for installation.

So, kindly share your experience if you (or your friend) used any of both, evdo or wimax. Initial cost and unlimited plan is same for both.

P.S. No other ISP offer true unlimited plan for wireless broadband, i am prefer bsnl in it, but i am open for alternative if they are offering decent unlimited plan.
Budget: i can spend upto rs2000 initially and rs800 for next 2 months.if i like the service i may continue it in my hostel as well(another why i am not going for wired broadband).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Their connectivity is way too different over different areas. I'd say stick to the word of the people of your area and get WiMAX.
In our area non of BSNL wireless services hardly work(3G, EVDO, etc)

OP
avtar2008

avtar2008

Broken In
@funskar: any promotional offer? And which equipment you are using: indoor cpe, outdoor cpe or usb dongle? Would there be any difference in speed among the three?

@TTF: very few people have internet connection at home in my locality. And those few people uses "connect broadband" because they provide cheap plan(unlimited 2 mbps @599 per month). I can't use it because of there fault frequency and long time they take to repair faults. No one uses wireless internet, getting suggestion for wimax is far away.

Top Bottom