New Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 pricing and specs leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
More Ho Ho Sinful sauce has trickled out of Guangzhou, so we thought it’d be rude not to serve you up a feast of velly blue HEXUS.beans.

Here for your delectation from HEXUS is a full list of prices and specs for the next generation of Intel processors.

In June, HEXUS brought you the news that Intel was expanding the Intel Core brand by adding Core i5 and Core i3 to its Core i7 offerings, with the three brands now referring to entry-level, mid-range and extreme performance Intel Core processors respectively.

We then estimated, based on information available at the time, how this new naming system would tally with existing and future families of processor. Now the table below shows all the new information we've received, including some price cuts to models already available.

*img232.imageshack.us/img232/6971/pict.png

*channel.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19709

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Wow. in recent reviews, it is shown that Core i5-750 is giving good competition to Phenom II X4 processors and it even beats X4 965. A $192 price tag would really threaten Phenom IIs existence and spin more trouble for AMD.

Terrific pricing by Intel.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yes buddy. you were right. And my fingers are crossed!!!. Let's see. There still is 4month time for AMD to respond.

RChandan

Broken In
^^yes buddy. you were right. And my fingers are crossed!!!. Let's see. There still is 4month time for AMD to respond.

Real trouble for AMD. They'll have to lower Phenom II prices considerably. I feel what AMD needs to do is go back to the drawing board for sometime, take its time, and come up with something equaling Intel's performance champs. Incremental updates like 955 to 965 etc. are not helping much.

Actually AMD still wins for the following reasons:

1. motherboards are still cheaper when you go AMD. P55 boards start at 138$.
2. Their real target audience is located even below 200$, at 150$ where intel poses no challenge.

However, intel has advantage because:

1. P55 has no northbridge. Meaning its current price is highly inflated. They can easily reduce the 138$ to 60$ and not feel a pinch.
2. Intel has better power efficiency.

now it remains to be seen as to what would AMD do.

Dear AMD: stick two of those 45W Athlon II X4 CPUs together and make 90W Athlon II X8 CPUs to pwn Intel :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
There is one more advantage that Intel has:

70% of buyers think that Intel is the only company designing processors!

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys what about Core i3 procs.

Will they outperform current generation C2D's ( or even 8xxx & some 9xxx series quads ) & dual cores from AMD 2xx & 5xx series ?

Look at the core-i3 530. A 2.93 Ghz beast with huge OC potential I assume @ only $ 119.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
that too looks interesting but 119$ means here it would be matching the price of X3 720, which is a bit high price for a dual core procesor. I think Phenom II X2 will keep the dual core crown for VFM.

I personally think that the dual core segment would soon be pushed to the below 70$ price range and the "overclockers exclusive" club.

Now that most software are multithreaded, dual cores need to be bought only when the budget is extremely low.

Among ALL the Intel Core i3 and Core i5 CPUs, I think the Core i5 750 and the entry level Core i3 are the only CPUs worth making a mention of.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think Intel Dual Core based on Nehalem is to be released at the same time but again, it won't stand against Athlon II or Phenom II X2s. Anyways, let's wait and see. There still is some time for AMD to make counter move.

the main problem is that they can't take current Phenom II X4 beyond 3.6GHz and this means that Phenom II X4 965 could be the last one with this core. And if entry level core i5 beats X4 965, that would be devastating for AMD.

x3060

A LOTR fan
i think the modern games still utilizes only 2 cores and 4 cores will take a lot of time to realize its full potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom