New hard disk format suggestions

Duke

Broken In
I am planning to buy a new hard disk, as i lost ma old one after 5 long years..
so just wanted to know the things i need to know before buying like,can i buy any hard disk and connect it to motherboard or
seagate with 7200rpm

is rpm the only factor to look for , are there any compatibility issues?
& precautions to take while formating new hardisk can i format it like the usual one using win7 ntfs format.?

tkin

Back to school!!
I am planning to buy a new hard disk, as i lost ma old one after 5 long years..
so just wanted to know the things i need to know before buying like,can i buy any hard disk and connect it to motherboard or
seagate with 7200rpm

is rpm the only factor to look for , are there any compatibility issues?
& precautions to take while formating new hardisk can i format it like the usual one using win7 ntfs format.?
A. Yes, get it from shop, connect to motherboard, nothing else, btw which motherboard do you have?
B. RPM is not the only factor, another is reliability and warranty, WD blue and Black drives are most reliable, while Seagate has 1yr warranty, WD blue has 2 and WD black, the most reliable has 5 yrs warranty, WD Blue price is same as Segate, so you can get that, or pay extra for WD black for peace of mind.
C. No precautions, just format and install windows normally.

OP
D

Duke

Broken In
A. Yes, get it from shop, connect to motherboard, nothing else, btw which motherboard do you have?
B. RPM is not the only factor, another is reliability and warranty, WD blue and Black drives are most reliable, while Seagate has 1yr warranty, WD blue has 2 and WD black, the most reliable has 5 yrs warranty, WD Blue price is same as Segate, so you can get that, or pay extra for WD black for peace of mind.
C. No precautions, just format and install windows normally.

My MB is intel 945G chipset with 2 gb ram(DDr2 four slots )

tkin

Back to school!!
My MB is intel 945G chipset with 2 gb ram(DDr2 four slots )
That's the chipset, I need the name of the motherboard, just run this tool and check the mainboard tab: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

OP
D

Duke

Broken In
That's the chipset, I need the name of the motherboard, just run this tool and check the mainboard tab: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

well bro am using laptop & away from home, i'll do it just when i go home.. but planning to buy one harddisk now as am outside so why do u need that motherboard does that have anything to do with harddisk.?

tkin

Back to school!!
well bro am using laptop & away from home, i'll do it just when i go home.. but planning to buy one harddisk now as am outside so why do u need that motherboard does that have anything to do with harddisk.?
Just to see how many sata ports do you have, no biggie, just a question.

Top Bottom