New Gaming Rig for 35k

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H - Rs 7100. Full ATX ,enough expansion slots,usb ports and sata ports over the cheap entry level B75 boards.Way better build quality too.

OP
S

suvrajeet

Broken In
So I have decided to delay the GPU by 1 month and finalized this config:
CPU- I5 3450 3rd gen
Mobo-Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
PSU- CORSAIR CX 500 v2
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1 TB
RAM- G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB
Cabinet- COOLER MASTER CABINET ELITE 370
Monitor- Dell S2240L ips

Please tell is this config good or it needs any changes.
And 1 more thing is the mobo specified usb bootable??

ASHISH65

Technomancer
So I have decided to delay the GPU by 1 month and finalized this config:
CPU- I5 3450 3rd gen
Mobo-Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
PSU- CORSAIR CX 500 v2
HDD- WD Caviar Blue 1 TB
RAM- G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB
Cabinet- COOLER MASTER CABINET ELITE 370
Monitor- Dell S2240L ips

Please tell is this config good or it needs any changes.
And 1 more thing is the mobo specified usb bootable??

get i5 3470 as price difference is not big

yes it is usb bootable

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually while making the purchase, check the prices of all i5 processors available within 10 to 13K range. While in Kolkata, I checked the price of i5 3570 and it was available at 11.7K. So also check for i5 3550.

OP
S

suvrajeet

Broken In
kk.. thanx for the suggestion cilus, I will be going this weekend to check prices in local shops.

Just came to know about the EMI option of flipkart with credit card, so guys please suggest me a GPU below 15k(Preferrably AMD) as am going to buy the GPU at EMI according to above config.

Also if i plan to crossfire the gpu in coming year will my psu in the above config be enough or should i change it??

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually in Flipkart, GPUs are little overpriced. Within 15K, the best AMD card is HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5. Look for the following versions:-
PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7850 (v2) 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - PowerColor: Flipkart.com
Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R7850OC-2GD 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

OP
S

suvrajeet

Broken In
@Cilus thnx for the effort but i dnt need to buy GPU frm flipkart if they are not there, i can buy same worth of other parts from flipkart n spend cash on gpu. So u can suggest whtever is the best gpu available in 15k.. :p
And pls do answer tht question about psu if it needs changing if i crossfire the GPU after 1 year...

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, with an H77 board which offers Crossfire setup at X16-X4 speed, Crossfire of cards like HD 7850 is not recommended as the 2nd slot runs at only X4 PCI-E 2.0 speed and the card pluged over there will suffer from memory bottleneck. 2ndly, after 1 year, going for multi-gpu is again not a viable option as that time far more GPU on the same price range will be available. Better stick with a single GPU.
The price of the Power Color card is pretty much okay, maximum 200/300 bucks higher than the street price.

dusu94

The Rock
@op check mdcomputers.in site
as they have good prices and all all the products at reasonable prices.

OP
S

suvrajeet

Broken In
1st of all, with an H77 board which offers Crossfire setup at X16-X4 speed, Crossfire of cards like HD 7850 is not recommended as the 2nd slot runs at only X4 PCI-E 2.0 speed and the card pluged over there will suffer from memory bottleneck. 2ndly, after 1 year, going for multi-gpu is again not a viable option as that time far more GPU on the same price range will be available. Better stick with a single GPU.
The price of the Power Color card is pretty much okay, maximum 200/300 bucks higher than the street price.

Hmm kk.. I will stick to single gpu thn...

dusu94

The Rock
and prefer going with nzxt gamma cabinet
and i know u hv delayed ur gpu by 1 month but take a look at gtx 650ti 2gb version and choose a little less expensive motherboard like gigabyte b75m dh3

and prefer going with nzxt gamma cabinet
and i know u hv delayed ur gpu by 1 month but take a look at gtx 650ti 2gb version and choose a little less expensive motherboard like gigabyte b75m dh3
After one month, the price of HD7850 may also decline to 11.5 to 12k, so that would make an even wiser choice.

mastermunj

In the zone
After one month, the price of HD7850 may also decline to 11.5 to 12k, so that would make an even wiser choice.

You're making an assumption based on past price drop or are there any news about such happening? I'm asking because I am currently struggling fitting a good GPU in my system and price drop of HD 7850 might just come as good news for me :)

You're making an assumption based on past price drop or are there any news about such happening? I'm asking because I am currently struggling fitting a good GPU in my system and price drop of HD 7850 might just come as good news for me :)

Nvidia has released GTX 650ti Boost, so AMD may lower the price. Prices of both HD7770 and GTX 650ti (non boost) have already lowered.

Top Bottom