New gaming PC under 90k

somebodysme

Journeyman
Get a good CPU cooler, I hope it will help to cool things down, maybe a water cooling..
I am using sandy bridge right now & it also gets heats up very much, and the summer temperature is big problem..

gameranand

Living to Play
If Sandybridge is hot for you then just imagine about Ivybridge which gets hotter than Sandybridge. This is the reason I am saying Sandybridge would be better. The advantages of Ivybridge is not worth it,
PCle 3.0 native support - We haven't even reached the speed of PCle 2.0 speed threshold.
USB 3.0 Native support - Sandybrige performs better with USB 3.0 speeds rather than Ivybridge.
10% performance gain - You can overclock Sandy more than Ivy to get similar or better performance without problems.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If Sandybridge is hot for you then just imagine about Ivybridge which gets hotter than Sandybridge. This is the reason I am saying Sandybridge would be better. The advantages of Ivybridge is not worth it,
PCle 3.0 native support - We haven't even reached the speed of PCle 2.0 speed threshold.
USB 3.0 Native support - Sandybrige performs better with USB 3.0 speeds rather than Ivybridge.
10% performance gain - You can overclock Sandy more than Ivy to get similar or better performance without problems.

Nope.Though there can be some anomalies but in general it is not true.
Z68 chipset motherboards which had usb3.0 used 3rd party usb3.0 controllers like asmedia usb3.0 controller.
Z77 chipset mobos have both Intel® Z77 chipset usb 3 and 3rd party usb3.0 controllers like ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller.
In reviews(both in CrystalDiskMark and HD Tune) it has been seen that the Intel Z77 USB 3.0 Controller is quite a bit faster than the asmedia and other 3rd party usb3.0 controllers which is quite reasonable as Intel is native whereas asmedia is used as an add-on chipset which adds to latency.
Overall though the difference in speed is not that much as of now.

gameranand

Living to Play
Just look at some benchmarks and you will get the idea. I don't give a damn if its a anomaly or bug or anything. If its giving me better performance then its good. Ain't it ?? Also I am not suggesting him to go for a Z68 chipset. I would say get a Z77chipset mobo.

Just look at some benchmarks and you will get the idea. I don't give a damn if its a anomaly or bug or anything. If its giving me better performance then its good. Ain't it ?? Also I am not suggesting him to go for a Z68 chipset. I would say get a Z77chipset mobo.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
According to benches only one thing is clear that the native intel controllers are giving better speeds than the 3rd party controllers.
I don't get your point of slower usb3.0 speeds with a ivy bridge processor than with a sandy bridge processor on the same motherboard.Any logic??

OP
sharang.d

sharang.d

Youngling
Sorry for the late response. This is the Order he placed:

i5-3750k
Asus p8z77-v pro
8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600Mhz
CM Hyper 212 EVO
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001)
CM Storm Stryker
Corsair HX650
SAPPHIRE HD 7970 OC Edition
Logitech G105
Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro
Some DVD Writer

From Havok Nation, Pune.
Around 1.1 lac I think..

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for the late response. This is the Order he placed:

i5-3750k
Asus p8z77-v pro
8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600Mhz
CM Hyper 212 EVO
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM001)
CM Storm Stryker
Corsair HX650
SAPPHIRE HD 7970 OC Edition
Logitech G105
Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro
Some DVD Writer

From Havok Nation, Pune.
Around 1.1 lac I think..

If possible, could we have the individual prices please ? :p

OP
sharang.d

sharang.d

Youngling
For prices contact Rajat from havok nation. Lol
I don't have the bill.
Close thread XD

Also everything's running good. No complaints about seller :)

Top Bottom