New fatwa forbids artificial conception

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Abhishek Patni / CNN-IBN

*www.ibnlive.com/news/agency/CNN-IBN/
Lucknow: A rude shock is in store for all childless Muslim couples who were planning to undergo artificial insemination.
Dar-ul-Uloom, a reputed Muslim seminary based in Deoband, UP, has issued a fatwa saying Islam cannot accept a woman conceiving through such an unnatural act.
The fatwa declares that medical techniques such as in vitro fertilisation and test tube babies are un-Islamic.
The edict raises deep socio-ethical questions for the community that is grappling with modernity and change.
Said the Dar-ul-Uloom’s Ulema, Mufti Imran, “A woman whose husband is not able to give children, she is not permitted to use any other means. It is forbidden and un-Islamic.

The fatwa also bans infertile women from allowing others to bear their babies.
Clerics say it is improper to masturbate in order to get a child through artificial means. Though a child born this way will be regarded as one's own descendant, the method itself is undesirable and is haraam, or forbidden, if done through a doctor.
This is not the first time that the Dar-ul-Uloom of Deoband has issued such a controversial fatwa. The edict has evoked a mix response from the Muslim leaders."
AIMPLB (All India Muslim Personal Law Board) member Khalid Rashid agrees with the ruling.

''You cannot make a child through any artificial manner. A child should be (created) in a natural manner,” he says. “If Allah has not given a child, He has not given the right (to get one) through artificial means."
But the President of the AIMWPLB (All India Muslim Women Personal Law Board), Shaista Ambar, disagrees.
“If we have a lady doctor, then there should not be any problem,” she maintains.
Religious leaders also feel that the Shariyat or the Muslim law book does not give the right of adoption. A child adopted by a Muslim family can receive gifts from his or her parents but he or she cannot become their legal heir.
With inputs from Achyut Punnekat in New Delhi

*www.ibnlive.com/news/new-fatwa-forbids-artificial-conception/54549-3.html

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
''You cannot make a child through any artificial manner. A child should be (created) in a natural manner,” he says. “If Allah has not given a child, He has not given the right (to get one) through artificial means."
Stupid.

I also read today in newspaper that there's a so called 'fatwa' that forbids watching television.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
^television ban fatwa was here in my area before 12 yrs or so!I think the Mahlle's removed the fatwa now :lol:

Rahim

Married!
What are they upto? These should be taken with a pinch of salt. What he says is illogical and inhumane. These fatwas are just a way to get publicity. I was appalled when earlier they refused to give approval to Compulsory Registration of Marriage.
These organization should look into upliftment of their society, regarding higher education especially to girls, but what they do is give fatwa, that too so illogical. These organization has a false believe that they represent a community (same as VHP) but they fail to understand they are not :p

blueshift said:
Stupid.

I also read today in newspaper that there's a so called 'fatwa' that forbids watching television.
Don't call these things stupid and risk communal wars again. Let the dogs be dogs and let the horses be horses, while let us be ourselves. Tell me, in what way will this affect our lives?

These are just ment to create FUDs in people. If you seriously need to know what to do in a similar situation(if you need to get a baby by artificial insemination :p) then do what you think is right. Don't go after some X, Y and Z's views. As long as you are mentally, emotionally and logically strong, you can count on the fact that the person who best understands your situation and can advice you is none but yourself. Common Sense, Logic, Knowledge and the Human Spirit are much higher in juridiction than a religious preaching.

PS: the only reason I am getting philosophical here is because its my 400th post, another mile stone for the great MetalheadGautham :D

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
MetalheadGautham said:
Don't call these things stupid and risk communal wars again...
No my friend. I didn't comment on any religion( Sorry if someone thinks so). I meant why these 'representatives' don't think the other way round? In their language, only God has given brains to human to think and invent these artificialities.

Why goto doctors when someone is ill? God wanted him/her to be ill. So let it be.

There are some things that we can overcome.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
there will alweyz be people like them....for those who believe in religion blindly....even in the 21st century some people cling to age-old customs and beliefs....i guess nothing can be done to change them....

recently in yesterday's newspaper (TOI)....there was a news that King Abdullah pardoned a young women of 2 years of imprisonment and 200 lashes (forgot exact figures)....dear friends...the fault of that women (actually a 21 year old girl) was that she was travelling with a man she didn't know and was not related to in any way...and then she got raped!!!!
Instead of providing her the justice, she was given such hard punishment!

I Pity.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
blueshift said:
This is the news that I am reffering to.
*www.telegraphindia.com/1071220/jsp/nation/story_8688288.jsp

x3060

A LOTR fan
i am steering clear . . :).
i guess we should all stear clear of this subject .
religion is a strong subject . it can even cause a "war" . . i mean the real one if not treaded carefully . . its both a blessing and a curse . its both good and evil . so , no comments :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Another reason why i HATE RELIGION..

Think of that women A55H073's...

If tom a person gets injured and requires a kidney translant, will they ban it too or simply say a blood transfusion...
Life's and feelings are at stake... And not your religions...
We dont even know how long we live..then why impose ban and other things..
Realise it...
There is no second life..yöü die today. Yöü are gone ..no RETURNING BACK...

I am an aetheist and i am proud of it.
Eradicate religion!

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
yep religion is the biggest fraud done by man to another man. its the root cause of all social evil.

these things are damn stupid n really arouse anger in a sensible man.

but we cant start abusin there things otherwise it will lead to communal riots.

the only thing which can be done is one's own thinkin n decision.

hailgautam

Youngling
empty mind is devil's workshop and In India many ppl do not have any work to keep them busy, blame the population explosion for that. again some ppl want to stay put in dark ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom