New Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratzee199

Journeyman
Hi guys...
I wanted to purchase a new Desktop PC only gor gaming purpose.
My configuration is quite high and I wanted to know from where I can assmble the PC...
I am givinmg the configuration below...
Processor: Core 2 Duo (775):E6400 (2MB L2 cache 2.13Ghz 1066MHz FSB)
MOBO: FOXCONN 975X7AB-8EKRS2H
HDD: SATA 160 GB SATAII
RAM Corsair 1 GB
PCI-e XFX PV-T73G-UDL(7600GT)
MONITOR L.G. 17" L1752S
DVD ROM Liteon SUPER ALLWRITE LH-20A1P SPEAKERS Altech Lancing VL-251 5.1
CABINET/SMPS Cooler Master 500W SMPS
TV TUNER CARD Pinnacle PCTV 50i UPS APC 800VA

please lemme know from where can i assemble this PC..in Mumbai...
O am staying at kharghar..& nearby dealers are not able to find out many of the components...
plz help...

darklord

Cyborg Agent
ratzee199 said:
Hi guys...
I wanted to purchase a new Desktop PC only gor gaming purpose.
My configuration is quite high and I wanted to know from where I can assmble the PC...
I am givinmg the configuration below...
Processor: Core 2 Duo (775):E6400 (2MB L2 cache 2.13Ghz 1066MHz FSB)
MOBO: FOXCONN 975X7AB-8EKRS2H
HDD: SATA 160 GB SATAII
RAM Corsair 1 GB
PCI-e XFX PV-T73G-UDL(7600GT)
MONITOR L.G. 17" L1752S
DVD ROM Liteon SUPER ALLWRITE LH-20A1P SPEAKERS Altech Lancing VL-251 5.1
CABINET/SMPS Cooler Master 500W SMPS
TV TUNER CARD Pinnacle PCTV 50i UPS APC 800VA

please lemme know from where can i assemble this PC..in Mumbai...
O am staying at kharghar..& nearby dealers are not able to find out many of the components...
plz help...

Some changes i would like to suggest,if you dont mind ;)

Processor: Core 2 Duo (775):E6400 (2MB L2 cache 2.13Ghz 1066MHz FSB) ----> Get E6300,dont waste money on 6400,not worth it.

MOBO: FOXCONN 975X7AB-8EKRS2H ----> Since you are going to be gaming only and do not plan to Overclock,a cheaper motherboard would be a good idea,say Asus P5B or Asus P5N-E SLI ;)

RAM Corsair 1 GB ----> get 2GB,trust me,it will help :)

DVD ROM Liteon SUPER ALLWRITE LH-20A1P-----> Stay away from Lite-On drives.Get Benq DW1650 or LG H42N ,both are awesome drives :)

PCI-e XFX PV-T73G-UDL(7600GT)-----> See if there is price difference in XFX and BIG-Galaxy 7600GT,get the cheaper one.BIG cards are now all Galaxy made and it is a very reputable brand :)

CABINET/SMPS Cooler Master 500W SMPS ----> Seventeam 500W SMPS is available in Mumbai,get that.Seventeam is one of the best PSU makers in the world.trust me :)

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i beg to differ. i don't think you should go in for cards by BIG. gfx cards by xfx amy be more expensive but the qulaity of components is much superior to other brands and is much better for overclocking.

as for the optical drives, lite-on is the market leader. it makes the best optical drives and that's a well known fact

for the cabinet/smps oem i don' think u could do any better than getting one from cooler master

satyamy

Alive Again...
well i can tell you my dealers address in Lamington Road he has nearly all the components you need
but writting it here will make its advertisment & may be this is wrong as per rules rules rules
so i cant
Ya I can PM you if u need......................?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
xbonez said:
i beg to differ. i don't think you should go in for cards by BIG. gfx cards by xfx amy be more expensive but the qulaity of components is much superior to other brands and is much better for overclocking.

as for the optical drives, lite-on is the market leader. it makes the best optical drives and that's a well known fact

for the cabinet/smps oem i don' think u could do any better than getting one from cooler master

BIG cards are made by Galaxy.Although unknown to Indian consumers,its a good brand with innovative cards too.I have tested lot of BIG-Galaxy cards and dont seem to find anything wrong with them. XFX lately has started overcharging their products,which i dont think is worth it.Few years back,it was awesome VFM,not anymore IMHO. XFX though good, isnt like leap years ahead in quality department or anything.

Lite-On were awesome for CD-Writers,agreed,even i got ONLY Liteon ones,the scene changed with DVD Writers,accept it or not.
Major winners in DVD arena have been NEC,Benq,LG,Pioneer and so on.LiteOn n Samsung and others have failed.Thats the plain truth,like it or not.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
damn it
fuc# off

everyone is suggesting c2d
but none of you is suggesting a faster hdd nor a raid setup

brother
if have little more money to spare go for a raid o setup for gaming
raid 0 with 7200rpm sata 2 is inexpensive
if you just have it for gaming go for am2 and save money for better gfx card
it has been tested again & again that gaming fps just depends on gpu not on cpu
so am2 4200+ would suffice with 7900gs

if money is not a constrain go for wd raptor 10k rpm hdd sata2 in raid0

if you want more go for pci-e x4 ultra 320 scsi controller (hp)
with 15k rpm hitachi ultra 320 scsi hdd it would blow you up its guran damn teed

darklord

Cyborg Agent
^^ AM2 is an excellent option,unfortunately very few realise its VFM. People are bitten by the C2D bug :D

I would never recommend RAID0.Reason being, IF at all the Raid crashes,you lose all your data and cannot recover it.Its good for speed but is speed so crucial to sacrifice the entire data on the RAID drives ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom