New Core i5 based system

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
So I need a new Core i5 based system for my cousin, who is an Intel fanboy... Already decided on processor, Core i5 750. Have 1 TB HDD. Now I need a DVD writer, a good motherboard (under 10k) and RAM. Suggestions please...

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
And which powersupply should I opt for this config? Will be adding a new mid range card such as GTX 260 soon...

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^^No point going for a GTX260...

IMHO HD5770 is indeed a better option, and although it performs a lil slower, the differences dont hamper it being a better option overall

and u can get the Corsair VX450W with the Core i5 and HD5770 and with peace of mind too...

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Thanx.. but the case is that I tried encoding videos for my iPod on Windows 7 using 4890 and Mediashow Espresso and also AVIVO Video Converter.. and it just simply refused to do so, even installed codec packs, still no success.. whereas NVIDIA's GTX 260 (or any NVIDIA with CUDA) and Badaboom or Mediacoder were using the Gfx card for encoding purpose.. that's why I was thinking about getting a NVIDIA.. can you please check whether it runs on your system now using AVIVO video converter.. and also, if you could mention the price of Corsair VX450W then it would be really great!!

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
How is Gigabyte Superb 460W compared to Corsair VX450.. I'm going to Chandigarh within 2 days, so I need a suggestion regarding these two PSUs.. which one would be better for the Core i5 based rig with Radeon 5770??

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
How is Gigabyte Superb 460W compared to Corsair VX450.. I'm going to Chandigarh within 2 days, so I need a suggestion regarding these two PSUs.. which one would be better for the Core i5 based rig with Radeon 5770??

Corsair VX 450W is better than the rest including Gigabyte Superb 460W. If you're in crunch look for Corasir CX 400 or Seasonic Bronze 380W. If not the two then only get Gigabyte Superb 460W. Also stay away from Cooler Master Xtreme Series PSU.

OP
hellknight

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
OK thanx.. but what is the REAL deal with Cooler Master series of PSUs.. my friend has been using one CM 500 W Extreme since August last month on the following rig :-

AMD Phenom II 940 BE
Sapphire Radeon 4890
4 GB DDR2 @ 800 MHz
DVD RW with Cooler Master HAF 922..
he has no problem what so ever..

falling

Broken In
Hellknight : I've noticed you too decided on the i5 750 and Asus P7P55D-E (I'm selecting the Pro) and also a HD 5770.

Regarding the PSU, I've been recommended a Corsair hx620 OEM @ Rs. 6.4k. Its 620 W, (I've read the HD 5770 and the PC together will require a recommended 500W to work well) and it comes with 5 years of warranty. Here's a link to the specs of the hx620

Tried to create a new thread, but couldn't. Saw your thread and noticed you were going for the same things I was.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ That is way to much you are recommending. Crossfire can be run on HX620.

@HellKnight:
If you plan to OC get a Corsair 550W. Else a 450W is just fine for you.

falling

Broken In
I was thinking of building a rig which would last atleast 3-5 years. That's why I thought I should stick with a hx620. Or should I get the 550 w one from Corsair?

Last edited:

falling

Broken In
Well, I thought of getting the Asus P7P55D-E PRO, Core i5 750 2.66 GHZ, Powercolour (or Sapphire)Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5,Cooler Master 690 (or the 690 II Advanced) and 4 GB DDR3 RAM.

The Corsair hx620 is about Rs. 6.4k and the Corsair TX 650 is about RS.6.8k... so I don't know about which one to choose exactly. ALSO, do note : I'm choosing a a 620-650w PSU because I do not want to upgrade for another 3-5 years. That's why I'm not deciding on 500-550w PSU.

RobinGoel

Right off the assembly line
So I need a new Core i5 based system for my cousin, who is an Intel fanboy... Already decided on processor, Core i5 750. Have 1 TB HDD. Now I need a DVD writer, a good motherboard (under 10k) and RAM. Suggestions please...

Intel in house experts will be discussing anything and everything about Intel processors during Intel Live Chat event on 26th Feb. If you ask them directly, I am sure they'll come up with the config optimized for your requirements. More info Intel Live Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom