saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys. I want to have a new internet connection but the problem is i don't know anything abt broadband. First i thought abt tata photon but it was giving horrible speeds. Now im thinking abt wired broadband. So guys can you pls tell me the procedures/requirements involved in setting up bb.
A noob waiting for reply :p.

saswat23

Human Spambot
You can go for BSNL and Airtel. The former has some good plans, but the later provides high speed internet with FUP. I dont know about your local ISPs if they provide better speeds at affordable prices.

First of all mention clearly these things:
* Max. Amount you can pay per month
* Use of Broadband i.e just browsing, checking mails or downloading or any other use.
* No. Of connections to be shared with the BB plan.

OP
saikiasunny

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for you input guys.
So the ans. are -
i can spend maximum 750 rs per month.
Data usage will be 3-4 gb per month. It will be mostly downloading/watching videos, checking my mails, social networking etc.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Thanks for you input guys.
So the ans. are -
i can spend maximum 750 rs per month.
Data usage will be 3-4 gb per month. It will be mostly downloading/watching videos, checking my mails, social networking etc.

For this I would suggest BSNL UL 750.
It provides 512kbps with unlimited usage. 512 is enough for watching videos and medium downloads.

OP
saikiasunny

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
A limited plan will also do. Any cheaper plan available? I have a question is a landline connection necessary for bb.

Sarath

iDota
I too had a limited BSNL plan but a torrent running in the background brought my bill upto Rs.2200 from the usual Rs.550. Bear that in mind when opting for limited plans. Not discouraging them but do keep an eye on your usage through many traffic counters and softwares.

A landline connection is mandatory with either the (to be verified)BSNL(few years ago) or Airtel(present) connection.
Rental is free on airtel. I have no idea about present BSNL rates or if its free too. I had a combo plan with mine. Some minutes of free calls plus BB package in one.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Yes, you require a landline. But not to worry, they will give you one when you apply a broadband connection. Not having BSNL land line is not a disqualification for getting broadband connection. You may choose a combo plan if you do not wish to pay for land line.

Top Bottom