New canvas phones every 2 months

Hrishi

AFAIK , MicroMax rebrands the chinese phones and sells them in the Indian Market under their Brand name. So , the entire line of their hardware depends on their Original manufacturer.

Well , the build quality is a matter of concern , however it doesn't differs much from other brands.
Good going MMX ,
But -
Consider on providing After-Sales support and Bug Fixes.
Other than that , they are becoming a PITA for other Brand names in India.
---------------------------------------

THey do not please the Geek's Eyes , but I am sure they do make a mark in the eyes of normal average to Noob user and lures them away from high-end phones.[if brand is not a major concern for them].
A normal person might not even know the detailed difference b/w a Snapdragon or Tegra or any other type of Chips.For him all that matters is Single , Dual-Core or Quad-Core. etc
For him a PowerVr Sgx 531 is almost same as Tegra 2 or Tegra 3.
For him a 1GB DDr2 is better than 768MB DDR3 .
A 5" 200ppi LCD is better than 4" 300+ppi Samoled display.

MMX has considered this approach and is doing exactly what it needs to please those eyes , which is not bad IMO. After all they are getting what they want.

Just my 2 Cents.

Hrishi

^ completely :agreed:

^ completely :agreed:

Yeah. :)
Geeks keeps on Geekgasming about their Latest top-notch Becnhmarking Killer hardware , and makes sure that he draws every bit of performance out of his Stuff.[by tweaking Kernels,OC'ing CPUs/GPUs , setting custom I/O values, Using CUstom ROMS,etc]

While the Normal-Average N00b user lives with the dream of owning a Dual-Core Phandroid under his budget. Even if this Average user Buys a SGS Note 2 / Nexus 4 , I highly doubt that he will use more than 20-30% of its real capability. For him both the phones internal hardware will give similiar peformance , Unless he doesn't gives a WTF! about Benchmark results.

I am sorrounded by live examples of such users around me. WHo buys a MMX Phablet , comes to me and compares his phablet to Galaxy Note.!!!!!!! Bahhhhhh......FOr me its a WTF! Situation , but he doesn;t gives a Sh** about it.
What will they do even if their MMX supports CUstom ROms ,?? How many android users you see around your circle dreaming to OC'k or tweak their Droids.?? Unlock their bootloaders. ,etc.

@Rishi Agree but look at the price. The specs are not at all bad compared to competition.

Agree!!. upto a great Extent.!! Infact they have left no competition. / They are not going for the TOp-End hardware , I think. How many MMX high-end phones we have in market ?? They are selling because of their price and what the users need. I am happy for the market segment it has been targeted at.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Lol btw
pantech is good,but no warranty and custom roms

MODS movie this thread to mobiles

For the features they provide at the price, i don't mind about warranty and about custom ROMS, developers are already on it and i hope i can see some good ROMs flooded in XDA, next few months,

BTW The stock ROM is somehow like vanialla OS, not much crapwares and it is silky smooth and playing Lets Golf 2 w/o any hiccup. My SL used to stuck quite often.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Just google xda-pantech burst.

[Pantech Burst] Official ICS Update (coming soon) - xda-developers

And i even talk to some guys who is ready to develop Custom ROMs for this phone. We have to wait...

quagmire

Allllright !
Take a look at the MediaTek MT6589 quad-core Cortex-A7 benchmarks here-
engadget

The AnTuTu 2 benchmarks are around 77% of Galaxy Note II (quad Exynos) and

the Vellamo 2 HTML5 benchmarks are around 79% of Galaxy S III (quad Exynos)..

Which is pretty good (for its predicted price).. The benchmarks are better than any of the dual core Sony Xperias or any of the dual core HTC One devices (except US version of One S)..
I haven't used any MMX devices before but anyway good job MMX!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ See the thread opened by tkin regarding MMX RMA. It is really cool that they are giving some good specs, but the after sales sucks big time. That said, i wouldn't buy MMX for it's high SAR value and cheap gimmicks, last but not least, CC.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Actually Customer service here in BBSR (or atleast in mine and my friend's cases) is pretty top notch.. they replaced my friend's A70 with a brand new one straight out of the box when it was under warranty.. Guess how many days it took ?? 1 hour, thats right.. it took only 1 hr for them to verify the old phone and replace with new one
I got my Micromax data dongle replaced as well, took 2 days..
For their after sales service, I for one have got no complaints, but the lack of KS is the only thing that's keeping me from grabbing their phones

The A116 is ALMOST as good as Galaxy S2(I stress again ALMOST).. atleast on paper
MMX Y U NO RELEASE KS ALREADY !?!?

Also, for any future buyers, A116 does not have any Magnetometor which is kinda dissapointing

Hrishi

^^ See the thread opened by tkin regarding MMX RMA. It is really cool that they are giving some good specs, but the after sales sucks big time. That said, i wouldn't buy MMX for it's high SAR value and cheap gimmicks, last but not least, CC.

I would like to recall this old Hindi quote for such products : "Chale to Chand Tak , Warna SHam tak." :p.
If you are lucky maybe , it can be a steal ,o/w.

Top Bottom