New budget rig [STRICTLY < 30K]

a-raam

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming ( FIFA,F1,DIRT,Portal,Assasins creed,Battlefield 3,etc) and movies.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30k max :( cant extend by a single rupee.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:possibly,depends on proccy.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win8,ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:atleast 500 gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:19 inch Acer, 1366 x 768

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:I have my primary HDD (160 gb) on which i plan to intall the OS ,Keyboard-n-Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Late Dec to Mid - jan

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai.. Would buy online only in extreme cases.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:needs to be VFM and good for gaming.

I actually did a bit of research and am confused between 2 configs.
1. Intel Pentium G850 + HD 7770/ HD 7850

and

2.AMD A10-5800k + Compatible GPU for crossfire(HD 6670 or higher)

Please don't suggest FX series...Really high TDPs:|:-(

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
ComponentNamePrice
CPUIntel Pentium G6303400
MotherboardGigabyte GA-B75M-D3H4000
RAMCorsair DDR3 8 GB CMSO8GX3M1A1333C92700
Graphics CardMSI R7770 1GB DDR58500
PSUCorsair VS4502200
CabinetBitFenix Merc Alpha2500
HDDSeagate Barracuda 500 GB3400
SpeakersCreative SBS A120 2.11400
Optical DriveAsus DVD Writer900
Total29000

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
Interesting one :thumbs:

But would the a10 be better for games??
and the only weak point of the config would be the low clock speed of the g630.. i need atleast a 3ghz clockspeed :/

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The rig is fine but spend some Rs 250 more and get a Corsair CX430V2 instead.And save some money by getting Corsair Value Select 4GB ram for Rs 1150 which is more than enough and use the the remaining Rs 1550 to get a GTX650ti instead of the HD7770.

And the G630 is enough and very good for Gaming at that budget. The next step up would be the i3 3220 for Rs 4000 more. Stick to a G630/645 with a 650ti for the best experience at that budget.

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
does anyone know where do i find a pentium g850 in india??
i cant find it on online stores and even the ones on ebay are selling at i3 prices.. :/

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
GHz dosnt define a processor its the architecture!!! Had it been like that... my C2D overclocked to 3.6GHz would take me in to i5/i7 arena...!!! Alas!

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
GHz dosnt define a processor its the architecture!!! Had it been like that... my C2D overclocked to 3.6GHz would take me in to i5/i7 arena...!!! Alas!

Ofcourse i know that... -.-
I mean i somehow have a feeling that G630 has a comparatively low clockspeed as compared to others...and i wanted to OC too...
but i guess G630 is good...after all, everyone recommends it.

Top Bottom