new budget gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
F

fearless

Right off the assembly line
why i need to spend 10000 on mobo + proc i save money here and get better gc that can resist more months
i need config for gaming latest games (even low settings is ok no prob with me)
gc is going to be outdated well before processor
a dual core 3 ghzlike athlon 2 x2 250 will be able to handle any game in 3 yrs as no game except gta4 demand core speed more than 2.0ghz on a dual core till now
but 512mb graphic card will be outdated and 4 gb ddr2 ram is sufficient for 3 yrs.
after 3 yrs who god knows what will be trend????

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@fearless:
It seems all our suggestions were useless to you right. Then please go ahead what you thought off, when you opened this thread. You seem to have it all worked out -- including what will handle what -- for the next three years.

You seem to be happy with products from iBall, Biostar -- well go ahead. I would never buy from here. People instead recommended reputable stuff like MSI, Gigabyte.

And the HD4670, you are so satisfied about. It can hardly move games as of now. Three years down the line, it will render similiar to a slide show.

And please, next time type your sentences in proper syntax. You seem to have an issue understanding where a (.) and carriage return should be placed in proper, syntax correct english.

OP
F

fearless

Right off the assembly line
take it easy guys
actually i heard same when i asked for ddr3 at chip.in
people in chip forum recommend me biostar and ddr2 i am totally confused
really goog convincing sug.. needed
mention pc needed for gaming 6-7 hrs per day

Krow

Crowman
DDR2 is overpriced as of now. 2.2k for 2GB 800MHz DDR2 is BS. Best get DDR3 at similar price. It will make a difference of about a thousand bucks more now if you opt for DDR3. Much more saved in the future. If the Chip guys suggested iball smps for gaming, then I'm not sure if you should be going there. At best go for the tri core in your first post and save money there. Else, we have given you the config. Its up to you now. Save money today and spend much more later or spend a little more today and save a lot later.

For decent graphics card, have a look at 4850 512MB @ 6.7k or GTS250 512MB @ 7.1k or 9800GT @ 5.5k

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
why i need to spend 10000 on mobo + proc i save money here and get better gc that can resist more months
i need config for gaming latest games (even low settings is ok no prob with me)
gc is going to be outdated well before processor
a dual core 3 ghzlike athlon 2 x2 250 will be able to handle any game in 3 yrs as no game except gta4 demand core speed more than 2.0ghz on a dual core till now
but 512mb graphic card will be outdated and 4 gb ddr2 ram is sufficient for 3 yrs.
after 3 yrs who god knows what will be trend????

If you want this system to last for 3 years then you should definetly go with our suggested system , even if it costs you 1-2k more , you wont regret it after a year . you can add another 2 gb ddr 3 ram . Their prices will halve in coming 6-8 months and ddr 2 prices will double and also the performance difference is high . If you think x250 can handle the games for 3 years then you are wrong .
It is not about the CPU or ram but about the platform . In early 2007 i spend about 18k on 7600gt agp card , ddr 1 ram and 3.2ghz p4 socket 478 when i had the chance of shifting to a new platform like ddr2 , pci 16x and lga775 socket which would have costed only little more but i didnt . I still regret that dicision and last year in november i had to sell all my parts since it hardy played any new games well enough and you dont want to know what resale value i got .
Again its your decision so buy carefully and dont do the same mistakes that others have commited .

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
take it easy guys
actually i heard same when i asked for ddr3 at chip.in
people in chip forum recommend me biostar and ddr2 i am totally confused
really goog convincing sug.. needed
mention pc needed for gaming 6-7 hrs per day

Okay..what are you confused about VS what has been suggested here...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom