New BSNL DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I got 2 new BSNL DNS address, my friend sent me sms, since the 61.1.96.69 giving us nightmares.

218.248.240.208 and 218.248.240.135

Both work much better then old bsnl and Open Dns. Something terribly wrong with open dns also.

hv fun

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Both work much better then old bsnl and Open Dns. Something terribly wrong with open dns also.

hv fun
Or maybe just routing problem. Earlier in the day QwertyM was having problems which he suspected as DNS but using IP caused lots of dropped packets too.

praka123

left this forum longback
well,we use dns in /etc/resolv.conf in Linux and BSDs.in winblows,I think you got some tcp/ip property option in network config.there u add these IP's.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
well,we use dns in /etc/resolv.conf in Linux and BSDs.in winblows,I think you got some tcp/ip property option in network config.there u add these IP's.

Ah I see... so why do you do it? I mean, why do you use all this DNS stuff with Linsux?

:D man read both of our curses abt the other OS... both of them mean the same thing lol!!! :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
so which one is bullet proof ?
Others failed for me, including the one given in first post

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Ah I see... so why do you do it? I mean, why do you use all this DNS stuff with Linsux?

:D man read both of our curses abt the other OS... both of them mean the same thing lol!!! :p
Yeah man. DNS is such a great invention by Microsoft, we poor linux users have to remember all IP addresses but because of our limited memories, we tend to forget the IP's so we decided to hack Windows and try using DNS on linsux even though it's not as great as on windows?
Happy now?

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
so which one is bullet proof ?
Others failed for me, including the one given in first post
Have u tried DNSAdvantage ??
Code:
156.154.70.1 and 156.154.71.1

Another alternative would be Scrubit.
Code:
67.138.54.100 and 207.225.209.66

If u get tired by Scrubit's filtering, they provide non-filtered DNS services too
Code:
67.138.54.120 and 207.225.209.77

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yeah man. DNS is such a great invention by Microsoft, we poor linux users have to remember all IP addresses but because of our limited memories, we tend to forget the IP's so we decided to hack Windows and try using DNS on linsux even though it's not as great as on windows?
Happy now?

o_O DNS was invented by Microsoft?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Have u tried DNSAdvantage ??
Code:
156.154.70.1 and 156.154.71.1
Another alternative would be Scrubit.
Code:
67.138.54.100 and 207.225.209.66
If u get tired by Scrubit's filtering, they provide non-filtered DNS services too
Code:
67.138.54.120 and 207.225.209.77

thanks, will try them and let u know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom