New Android phone

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
BT v3 is useless. you must pair a v3 BT device with it to get the kind of speed. else, bekaar. get Slasa only if you want front camera and ready to sacrifice good CPU + GPU performance & rugged build.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Salsa also has 800 MHz processor + Adreno 205
See Here

Also Gingerbread preinstalled

How about Sony Ericsson Xpria Mini Pro @ 15k?
Features:
1GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU and Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon chip plus it has the latest Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), 512MB RAM, 1200maH battery, 92 x 53 x 18 mm dimensions, 3.0 inches LED-backlit LCD capacitive touchscreen, MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV music player with 3.5 mm audio jack, Music Play time Up to 29 hours, 5 MP camera with autofocus and LED flash and a Secondary VGA Camera for live video chat, QWERTY slide keypad

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Salsa doesn't have Adreno205 GPU. it uses the old & crappy Adreno200 GPU found on most lowend Android mobiles. it is a typo. also the chip used is MSM7227-Turbo1, same as Ace. i overclocked the same chip on my O1 from 600Mhz to ~770Mhz.

this one is not worth that 15-16k pricetag at all. even with gingerbread & front facing camera. it doesn't bring anything that can really challenge Defy. no high resolution screen, no new processor, no adobe flash. only recommended to someone who will stick to official release all the time.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
anupam_pb said:
How about Sony Ericsson Xpria Mini Pro @ 15k?

Xperia Mini Pro over Defy:
* Better Chipset (CPU+GPU)
* Physical QWERTY
* Better Quality Screen (Sony Bravia Engine)
* Better Camera (720p video recording)

Defy over Xperia Mini Pro:
* Bigger Screen
* Better Looking Screen (480*854 resolution, great ppi)
* Better Build Quality
* Great XDA Support

Tough Call!!! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you want to include Salsa, you must add Ace too (exactly same hardware & cheaper). but we already know the result of such a poll:

Defy: 80%
Mini Pro: 10%
Ace: 2-3%
Salsa: rest

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
whats wrong with salsa ? IMO it is more pockitable 3.4'' + 1500+ mh battery. Thats what am looking for. How it performs ? Any owner here ?

Top Bottom