New Android Phone 15~20K

parimal

Journeyman
Planning to buy Android phone. And here're my shortlisted phones:
1. Moto Defy (Android 2.1)
2. Samsung Galaxy SL (Android 2.2)
3. Moto Milestone 2 (upcoming)

please suggest some good phones in this range.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Options you can have a look upon:

• Samsung Galaxy Ace
  • HTC Desire S (You can get it for about 22k) [ Best Option ] :cool:

noja

Bang! Bang!
I'd say galaxy SL. Its got a regular screen but yeah a fast cpu and divx playback. Games don't lag and battery is good(so says the specs 1650mAH), gorilla glass which is scratch proof but you are gonna use a screen protector anyway. TV out and flash 10.1 is common these days, right?:)

noja

Bang! Bang!
I would also like to tell you to know more about the phone before you buy it. Get user reviews on the phone's performance and problems, tips n tricks and so on.
below are some good threads
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/139531-official-samsung-galaxy-sl-i9003-thread.html

Soumik

Padawan
I would say .. if u can, dish out 22K and get Desire S... its the best option.
Otherwise, Defy at 15K is very high value for money.
I have heard a few problem related to SGSL I9003, but u can check out the above link to find more details.
If you want physical kb, Milestone 2 is the only option. Else, its not got a lot to be priced above SLSL.

abhi17

Right off the assembly line
Read Desire S too has some problems related to Wifi "death grip".Can it be corrected?

As Desire S was suggested as a option...just wanted to get certain issues cleared.Sorry for diverting away from the topic.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Desire S would be good. It comes with the usual HTC goodness and has the new 2.3 Android. So if you can increase your budget, go with the Desire S. Best opt. in 15-20k, I would agree with the others and ask you to go for the Galaxy SL. It's 4.0 inches Gorilla Glass display looks amazing on paper and it has good hardware to boot too.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
why not Galaxy SL ?

Buggy firmware. Has become quite sluggish after using merely a week. Samsung Kies is an awful piece of garbage which is bundled with this phone.

To get away from the crap that Touchwiz is, I installed ADW Ex launcher. But the phone has become so sluggish. My Optimus One is faster...

Apps force close many times. Everytime I uninstall some app, the App Manager crashes.

Samsung cannot make software. Just cannot. They have ruined a perfectly decent hardware with their crap touchwiz. If only I could install stock Gingerbread on my baby... it would make a ton of difference.

sanithkk81

Broken In
Buggy firmware. Has become quite sluggish after using merely a week. Samsung Kies is an awful piece of garbage which is bundled with this phone.

To get away from the crap that Touchwiz is, I installed ADW Ex launcher. But the phone has become so sluggish. My Optimus One is faster...

Apps force close many times. Everytime I uninstall some app, the App Manager crashes.

Samsung cannot make software. Just cannot. They have ruined a perfectly decent hardware with their crap touchwiz. If only I could install stock Gingerbread on my baby... it would make a ton of difference.

One of my friends is having this phone and he is also facing the same problem :-( So go for desire S

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am not sure about AndroidFan, but I am not getting any such issues with my Galaxy SL. It had been over a week for me too and I have installed around 20-30 applications. GPS works well and everything else is fine too. No TV out BTW

Top Bottom