Network Problem with N95 Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishjaveri

Right off the assembly line
I have this nokia n95 with Vodaphone connection for about 6 months and from te last 15days i have had my network disappear from time to time..

To get network back i have to restart the phone...tried all settings on the phone....also tried restoring the factory setting...

my last option was to upgrade the firmware but even having the latest firmware is not helping...

any ideas of what i can do with the phone??

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Must be some problem with the Vodafone network in your area. Have you tried asking others around you using the same network?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A few questions here:
1.)Does it happen at any specific location?
2.)Did you try using your SIM card in another handset?

Try isolating the issue before coming to the conclusion that it's the phone which is having the problem.

OP
A

ashishjaveri

it happens when i travel in the mumbai central line train...this only happens between ghatkoper and thane...

otherwise during the whole day...at work, at home or anyother place it works like a charm...

havent tried in another phone...

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It shouldn't drop the network altogether but Mobile phone service providers usually don't guarantee network while in travelling state.You can try using the SIM in another phone for one day at the same place & check if it comes up with the same issue.If it does then it's a network issue for sure which in any case can't be investigated much as Vodafone won't support network dropout while travelling as it switches base stations a lot & as such becomed very difficult to fix.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
In that case its a network problem. And as for local trains in Mumbai, thats a common problem. You don't get proper network in them.

OP
A

ashishjaveri

I guess so but when u loose network u idealy search for the network...using ur network setting from automatic to manual and search for Vodaphone...

but in my case i just dont get any network...it just says no operator found till i restart the phone...

Now we all know how nokia is power hungey..and the last thing i want to do is restart the phone and waste power..

any solution u could think of...i just tried it with a motorola phone i have and the network does go...but after searching it does come back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom