Network iControl

Solo

Broken In
ASUS AI Suite bundle includes a software called Network iControl that monitor download and upload speed in programs. I was wondering if someone knows about a software that sits on taskbar tray similar how Network iControl works and can quickly monitor upload/download speed. It seems Network iControl isn't available for Windows XP. So I have to look for a alternative. I'm using WinXP 64bit by the way. Additional features in program are cool and your recommendation welcomed.

Gollum

Collector
upgrade to windows 7 or higher to use the software. You are now using an operating system which even MS does not support anymore.

OP
S

Solo

Broken In
upgrade to windows 7 or higher to use the software. You are now using an operating system which even MS does not support anymore.

I figured as much. In the future, I'm planning to dual boot WinXP and Win8 on separate drives. So for now anything out there similar to Network iControl you think?

Gollum

Collector
I figured as much. In the future, I'm planning to dual boot WinXP and Win8 on separate drives. So for now anything out there similar to Network iControl you think?

You can't dual boot with win8 as far as I know

OP
S

Solo

Broken In
hahaha this became an entirely different topic!

Ok forget my Operating System. Focus Network iControl.

debarshi

Otaku
Umm, I've had major BSODs using Networx, while torrenting or d/l data........ I recently refreshed my pc and found it out to be the culprit. So I'd steer clear of Networx, just my two cents.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^don't select the included network driver during install.you will lose application transfer & excluding lan transfer option but by using its SNMP router option you can exclude lan transfers & get a much more accurate data transfer readings.

Top Bottom